Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Join a world-class team that is developing the future of electric vehicles and EV charging.
- Lead regulatory compliance projects with agencies and test labs including preparing and filing compliance documentation for global market access
- Identify and
- ensure regulatory requirements are accurately captured and cascaded in the company wide requirements management tool (Jama)
- Participate in design reviews and offer a regulatory compliance perspective
- Develop design validation plans to ensure system and sub-system regulatory compliance
- Review testing and validation plan results and reports to verify product pre-compliance
- Develop templates to clarify and incorporate information needed for regulatory compliance
- Review product change requests to determine impact on product compliance status
- Work with component suppliers to ensure regulatory requirements are addressed
- Establish relationship with regulatory agencies, test labs and participate in relevant standards committees and conferences
- Monitor the status of charging regulations and keep the broader team informed
- Support system engineering where needed on product definition, requirements definition and requirements flow down
- 5+ years industry experience in a regulatory compliance role or a design role with significant regulatory compliance responsibilities
- Regulatory compliance experience with related products and industries, preferably AC and DC fast chargers for plug-in electric and hybrid-electric vehicles
- Experience with internationalization – i.e. taking complex products to global markets
- Experience reading and interpreting standards in a compliance or engineering role
- Technical expertise in off board ac and dc chargers or power conversion equipment desired
- A self-driven self-starter constitution that can execute with minimal oversight
- Strong inter-personal and communications skills
- At least a Bachelors degree in Engineering, with a preference for Electrical Engineering
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected]Privacy
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.