ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
Who is the TDO?
The Technical Duty Officer team has a mission to support and protect all of ServiceNow’s public services. This role is unique in the tech industry and allows the TDOs access and engagement with teams across ServiceNow. We leverage our broad technical experience to keep critical systems running through any event.
TDOs execute fixes during Internet outages, hardware failures, configuration mishaps, and natural disasters. We have a mandate to own these problems and see them through to resolution. Unlike traditional operations roles, we have the sole authority to make any necessary changes to fix issues and bring services back online.
The TDO is the last stop in escalation and always resolves the problem. Our organization hires subject matter experts in CloudOps, Development, Systems Engineering, and Networking. We provide leadership to a strong Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team. We attack problems from fine-grained Linux kernel configurations to large-scale capacity constraints.
The TDO provides solutions to ServiceNow’s planet-scale challenges.
What you get to do in this role:
- Leverage your extensive system, network, and database skills to provide technical leadership for a team of on-site engineers who are responsible for the availability and performance of ServiceNow's cloud platform.
- Coordinate all recovery efforts and Lead as the crisis manager during all major outages to provide rapid relief and resolution to any issue that could be impacting the operational environment.
- Develop new solutions and build requirements for new procedures and automations and verify that these new services meet our needs before they are released to the production environment.
- Drive organization-wide change (global) by participating in post-incident reviews, approving new architectural designs, and establishing strong relationships by working with many cross-functional teams.
- Make operations more effective by continually training and mentoring the team on all aspects of the operational environment.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent technical
- 10+ years of experience in Linux enterprise service operations, SRE, or Systems Engineering.
- An in-depth understanding of the technology associated with operating a service or platform in the public or private cloud, including data centers, systems, networks, web applications, and relational databases.
- Meticulous analytical skills to identify and understand the root cause of critical issues.
- Excellent collaboration skills across diverse cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with Networking technologies such as routing, switching, DNS, load balancing, and CDN is good to have.
- Working knowledge of BASH, Python, Perl or other scripting languages.
- discipline, or similar work experience in an enterprise 24/7 production environment supporting critical, real-time applications.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.