ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Systems Security Engineer, you will be part of a team that is ensuring the security of our engineering infrastructure (heavily cloud-based in AWS using EKS / Kubernetes / Docker with thousands of instances under management) for ServiceNow. We need your expertise to design, monitor, measure, optimize, and ensure that we plan for the level of infrastructure security required to enable enterprise scale software development, quality engineering, and production releases. This includes the following responsibilities:
- Serve as liaison to corporate information / system security teams - coordinate responses and remediation efforts as appropriate
- Design and implement security health dashboards - both internal to the team, and external users - tracking metrics necessary to meet organizational SLAs.
- Manage and report security related incidents across the infrastructure to provide management with overall status.
- Provision, monitor, and manage cloud infrastructure in AWS using cutting-edge Infrastructure-as-Code methods and to scale the Build and Release Platform.
- Manage and maintain the CMDB / DCIM tools to ensure accurate infrastructure data.
- Guide and mentor the infrastructure engineering team in the management of O/S and application patching, critical data protection, and operating performance.
- Using data gathered through system and application monitoring, identify potential security issues and develop plans to proactively modify configurations before problems occur.
- Troubleshoot, resolve problems, perform root cause analysis, and document solutions to improve time to discovery / time to resolution.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 5+ years hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure security, system engineering, and incident response
- Ability to quickly learn about new technologies, evaluate applicability to our environment and apply them appropriately
- Passion for automation, continuous improvement, and DevSecOps culture
- Clear communication skills, both in person and in writing
- A strong commitment to customer service
- Experience supporting security and operations for enterprise-scale hybrid cloud and on-prem environments
- Fluency in one or more of the following technologies:
- Amazon Web Services
- EKS / Kubernetes / Docker
- LogicMonitor / Splunk
- Chef / Ansible
- Linux (CentOS/Fedora/RedHat)
- Windows (Desktop and Server)
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.