For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative, and humble people that want to make a difference.
Zscaler’s Emerging Technology team is working on revolutionary new products including Zscaler Private Access (ZPA). This is an excellent opportunity to join a small, dynamic team that is charting new ground in cloud security technology.Job Description
Zscaler is looking for highly motivated and talented Staff Engineer to join the Sustaining Engineering team in the Emerging Technology product group.
Sustaining Staff Engineer is a role encompassing multiple aspects of support issues, escalations, and technical leadership. This position includes responsibilities for liaising between Engineering organization and support organization in meeting our relentless goals of customer first culture.
The ideal candidate is creative thinker, problem solver, teacher, learner, and is motivated with engineering excellence.Qualifications
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in handling customer escalations and providing support for enterprise products/services
- Strong C programming, Data structures/Algorithms & debugging skills in cloud environments.
- Deep understanding of Operating System principles and OS like Linux/Unix
- In-depth understanding of networking concepts including performance parameters of TCP/IP stack.
- Experience in Network Data Path & Socket programming & POSIX Multi-thread programming.
- Excellent Problem Solving skills
- Previous experience in security or access management a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good team player with right attitude
- Customer-focused and highly driven to solve real problems for customers
- Manage day to day customer reported issues/escalations and thrive to improve resolution times
- Provide a roadmap of product enhancements to reduce support incidents and escalations to improve service levels
- Represent engineering organizations on support and escalation calls with customers
- Ensure highly available services with zero downtime. Be responsible for supporting customers in partnership with the engineering and operations teams
- Drive HOTfixes and patch releases as needed to maintain the desired level of service for our customers
- Ensure that you maximize the productivity of engineering organization to grow the business while providing world class service and support to our customers
- Passionate about supporting a best in class product with a focus on RAS – Reliability, Availability, and Scalability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. #BH-LG1
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.