Staff SRE/DevOps Engineer at Tealium (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:20 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, June 16, 2022
WHO WE ARE
Tealium is the most trusted and world’s largest independent customer data platform. Tealium connects customer data – spanning web, mobile, offline, and IoT devices — so brands can connect with their customers. Tealium’s turnkey integration ecosystem supports more than 1,300 client-side and server-side vendors and technologies, empowering brands to create a unified, real-time customer data infrastructure.
Tealium’s customer data solutions encompass tag management, an API hub, a customer data platform with machine learning and AI, and data management solutions that make customer data more valuable, actionable, and secure. Tealium has been a trusted provider of customer data solutions for more than a decade, and more than 850 top businesses worldwide including Microsoft, Hyatt, Gap, HSBC and Novartis rely on Tealium to power their customer data strategies.
Team Tealium works and lives across the U.S. and in nearly 20 countries across the world. We are intentional about our culture, our investment in our team members and how we care and connect.
Tealium = Teal + Helium. Teal: a vibrant reflection that evokes authenticity, trustworthiness, reliability, open communication and clarity of thought. Helium: we rise above, a kinetic force that elevates our customers’ and our experiences beyond all others.
We win together with respect and appreciation for the talents required of all positions and the people who contribute to each of these.
We are looking for a highly motivated US based Staff Engineer to run, improve and scale our CICD pipelines and global AWS production infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have previously shown the ability to design, implement and maintain new and existing CICD pipelines and production infrastructure as well as monitoring, alerting, trending and dashboarding. The Staff SRE/DevOps Engineer will work closely with Product Developers, Product Owners and Customer Success on new infrastructure, software architecture and new feature introductions.
Your Day to Day
- Create, maintain, and execute improvements to our CICD pipeline and all environments as we scale our systems to meet increasing customer demand with a focus on "last mile" stability (stage -> prod).
- Enhance and extend production infrastructure performance and scalability. Assist with our Production migration to EKS/Kubernetes.
- Identify relevant business metrics and implement real time monitoring, alerting, trending and dashboarding.
- Identify high ROI problems for remediation and cost savings/margin improvement.
- Analyze tech debt issues and help leadership prioritize resourcing for certain high-value fixes.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of the test environments.
- Respond to escalated non production and production incidents on a rotating basis. (3rd level support)
WHY YOU ARE THE PERFECT FIT
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years working in a 24X7X365 Enterprise SaaS environment.
- 10+ years experience in automation and infrastructure as code (Terraform, Chef, Codebuild preferred)
- 10+ years experience in monitoring, alerting and trending (DataDog, SumoLogic, Prometheus, Grafana, Cloudwatch, PagerDuty preferred)
- 10+ years’ experience in Linux/Java/Apache environments
- 5+ years experience in load balancing and autoscaling (AWS ASG, Spot.io preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience in multiple AWS services (EC2, EKS/Kubernetes, Cloudfront, MSK preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience with CICD technologies (Jenkins, ArgoCD, Artifactory, Containerization preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience with SQL and NoSQL datastores
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Github, Jira, Confluence preferred)Understanding of web technologies, including web services, web application servers and RESTful APIs.
At Tealium, we don’t just offer the ordinary, we provide the extraordinary:
- Tealium WOWs (Ways of Work), our award winning culture is how with think, act and connect together at Tealium
- Mosaic, our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is grounded in our mosaic of diverse perspectives and shared belonging as we live in work across the US and in nearly 20 countries
- Tealium Cares, to promote caring in our communities, 15 hours of paid work time for volunteer activities and programs is offered annually
- Tealium Connects (remote-first working), enabling many of us to choose where we do our best work and offering new hire stipends to assist with purchasing things we need to support a successful home office environment
- Tealium Ownership, share in the success of Tealium by becoming an owner of Tealium beginning with new hire equity grants
- Tealium Time, unlimited paid time-off policy to offer flexibility to take time when needed and robust leave programs, including extended paid parental leave and company holidays
- Healium, health and wellness programs to help us be our best selves in the experiences of health, physical, mental, social, and even financial well-being and wellness
- Healium Be-Well Break, an annual all-company paid shutdown to provide a true break for us all
- Tealium LIFT (Learning is Facilitated at Tealium), offering a myriad of professional development opportunities with over 6,000 courses available on demand to best-in-class manager and leadership development programs
- Health and Related Benefits Programs, offering market competitive benefits programs
Collectively, we contribute our individual pieces (identity, experiences, heritage, backgrounds, religions, viewpoints, gender and more ) to form the mosaic of Team Tealium. It is our continuing philosophy to recruit and employ the best qualified individuals without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or any other protected characteristic. Tealium does not tolerate unlawful discrimination of any kind and strives to be an inclusive and respectful workplace.
The highly relevant and differentiated positioning of Tealium’s solutions makes this a unique and rewarding career opportunity.
*Offerings vary by level and location.
More Information on Tealium
Tealium operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in San Diego, CA. Tealium was founded in 2008. It has 622 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 43 open jobs at Tealium, click here.
Read Full Job Description