Staff Software Performance Engineer at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
What you get to do in this role:
As a Staff Software Performance Engineer, you will be a key member of the Product Quality Engineering team driving improvements in performance, scalability and reliability of our products and services. You will work within our agile software development process and will certify products for release readiness for performance, scalability and reliability and will carry out performance benchmarking for our products & services at global scale.
The ideal candidate for this position will have strong background in performance testing & engineering in enterprise software platforms and applications. The candidate should have experience in architecting and driving complex performance testing / engineering projects that measure the characteristics of systems running under dynamic, real-world workloads.
In this role you will create infrastructure, automation, and tools that drive realistic loads against the core services of our platform. You will also enable peers in engineering, customer support, and cloud teams to leverage our tools to provide related services.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 6+ years of experience with 4+ years of experience in architecting and driving performance testing / engineering projects and solutions. Proven experience with concurrency, multithreading, and distributed system architectures
- Strong hands-on technical skills and experience in developing performance testing strategy, performance testing process
- Proven skills in JMeter and/or other industry standard performance testing frameworks such as Load Runner
- Strong skills in monitoring & reporting frameworks such as Splunk, Grafana
- Highly skilled in DB SQLs, analyzing performance issues at DB layer and recommending solutions
- Skilled in scripting / programming with Java, Java Script, Python
- Ability to carry out root cause analysis of complex performance issues, analyze results and recommend solutions
- Solid understanding and experience with agile software development methodologies
- Ability and experience in working with globally distributed cross-functional teams to drive results
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science with proven experience in performance testing/engineering for mission critical software products & services.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.