Emergency room visits and hospital stays can be uncomfortable and stressful times for families and their loved ones. DispatchHealth allows people to receive high quality and cost-effective medical care in the comfort of their homes. A rapidly scaling startup, DispatchHealth provides an integrated, convenient, high-touch care-delivery solution that extends the capabilities of the patient's care team and ensures that we provide personalized, quality care in the home or at the patient’s location of need.
Technology and data drive all aspects of our business and allow for better care delivery from patient onboarding, patient care, and post care follow-up. We’re looking to create a best-in-class technology platform that helps our patients stay in the comfort of their homes – and we’re looking for people like you to help shape and build the technology that changes the way people receive healthcare.
We use ReactJS, Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, Golang, Postgres, and Redis. We deploy often to our PAAS easily and confidently. We work on client applications in React and use a mix of microservices on the backend to power API’s.
Our collaborative team has already built many foundational features and are now focused on improving and creating new applications focused on healthcare delivery.
As a staff software engineer, you will:
- Write clean, testable, peer-reviewed code, which will be a model for the team around you
- Technically lead a diverse portfolio of full-stack engineering projects
- Oversee the development and live operation of an increasingly distributed architecture
- Advocate for change in quality, durability, and technical debt reduction, working directly with Product Managers, Engineering Managers, and other important partners
- Revitalize services and architectures which have outlasted their original implementations, through refactoring, migration, and scale-ready, distributed architectural design
- Safeguard the privacy, security, and trust of our customers' sensitive data throughout our implementations, in partnerships with our Risk and Information Security teams
- Unleash the velocity of our engineers and engineering systems with processes and implementations that allow us to ship quicker, fail faster, and isolate the blast radius of change pipelines
- A passionate, growth-oriented mindset
- A desire to teach, improve, and otherwise force multiply the strengths of the engineers that surround you
- Led impactful engineering projects at scale
- Software design experience with distributed architectures that have grown
- Deeper development experience with Ruby on Railsor NodeJS and PostgreSQL
- Interest in Golang or willingness to jump into other languages
- 8+ years industry experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience
Bonus points if you also have:
- Familiarity with ReactJS
- Monitoring and observability experience
Location: Remote, USA
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $170,000 - $220,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, candidate location, and experience.
DispatchHealth is committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive team and serving all communities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, age or veteran status.
DispatchHealth offers a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k, paid time off, family and short-term disability leave.
To see our Employee Privacy Notice, please see here: https://www.dispatchhealth.com/employee-privacy-notice/