Staff Software Engineer
What We Need
An experienced Staff Software Engineer to work with cross-functional teams to solve real-world problems for healthcare providers around the country. Using your technical expertise, you will design, build, test, and improve both of the features that will enable our customers to effectively run their business, and technology platforms to unleash our own engineering teams’ efficiency. If you like solving tough problems, being part of a fun team, and are tenacious, we would like to hear from you.
Your Area of Focus
- Architect & code frameworks that can be leveraged by the team
- Team captain - initiative leader
- Go-to Partner for product management
- Large scale scoping & estimation
- Identify key risks and opportunities
- Technical listener and teacher
Your Professional Qualifications
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Experience developing and delivering core reusable platform technology to the hands of customers
- Constructively dissatisfied with the status quo
- Comfortable working on problems that do not have well defined requirements
- Experience building and mentoring software engineering teams
- Can drive difficult engineering discussions with the team and present a menu of options to management
- Able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to partner with product management to develop requirements
- Well versed at recognizing project risks and opportunities
- Able to make build vs. buy software decisions
- Able to look beyond software best practices to make tough technical decisions that are tailored to business need
- Can stand-in for the development manager for key meetings and agile team functions
- Professional experience developing distributed database-driven web-based applications with Java and the Spring framework, C#/.NET, or equivalent
- Passionate - Be Passionately Driven: We take pride in our work, inspire others to excel, and are dedicated to solving tough problems in healthcare. We hold ourselves to the highest standards. And we work with urgency because what we do matters.
- Customer-Focused - Dedicated to Customer Success: Helping our customers succeed directs every action we take. We’re committed to helping their practices run smoother so their patients can thrive. We are solution-oriented and aligned with their needs.
- Collaborative - Together We’re Better: Great teams are collaborative, selfless, hardworking, and dedicated. We are willing to do what it takes to get the job done so we can accomplish more together.
- Growing - Constant Growth: We strive to have a growth mindset in all we do. We reject the status quo. We take a unique approach and make every effort to bring clarity to a needlessly complex industry. We are creative problem solvers that believe in making things better.
Kareo is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.