Drift is the Conversational Marketing platform that combines chat, email, video, and AI to remove the friction from business buying. With Drift, you can start conversations with future customers now, on their terms -- not days later. There are over 50,000 businesses that use Drift today to accelerate revenue, shrink sales cycles, and make buying easy. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About Digital First
Drift is a Digital First company, which means Remote is the primary experience for all employees. For the majority of our positions, your location is flexible!
We have a Conversation Space (currently Boston, MA, San Francisco, CA, Tampa, FL, and London, UK – with more to come across the globe) Please work with your recruiter and hiring manager to learn more about where Drift is authorized in the U.S. and to determine if you are eligible for employment based on your location.
About the role
The team is working on forming a small mobile team who will own Drift's iOS and Android apps and evolve them from current chat and video use cases. You will be able to steer the success of our mobile apps in our broad culture of autonomy. You have the authority and responsibility to make things happen! Become fluent in a wide range of systems, processes and technologies. Your team will own problems from end-to-end. Create new relationships across the organization in sales, customer success, marketing Uphold our Drift Leadership Principles and be the teammate you want to work with.
You may be a fit for this role if you are:
- Passionate about mobile development and ready to jump anywhere it takes to solve problems and delight customers
- If you have experience programming for iOS (Objective-C or Swift) or Android (Java or Kotlin)
- Take pride in creating results quickly by breaking projects down. We execute on small pieces to generate visible results
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise to help expand our app's reach
- Can stitch together many different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before
- Can put yourself in the shoes of our customers to unite design & code and craft fantastic experiences
- Uphold quality standards in engineering, security, and design, always searching for new, better ways to get things done
- Value ego free code reviews
You might work on:
- Working closely with our design and product teams to prototype and deliver new mobile messaging experiences
- Improving our continuous integration infrastructure set up to test our pull requests, deliver nightly builds and run nightly regressions of our automated tests.
- Improving our monitoring systems and fixing bugs to ensure quality of the Drift Android and iOS mobile apps
Meet some of our leaders!
Whether you're an intern or a principal, you will get to work on hard problems together. We want you to bring out your unique experience and specialities.
- Melissa Leffler, VP of Engineering, joined January 2019. Melissa is building one of the best engineering teams in the business to take Drift’s products to the next level.
- Bernard Kiyanda, Director of Engineering, joined September 2019. Bernard and his team are instrumental in us expanding to our enterprise customers.
- Ivan Saskor, Director of Engineering, joined October 2020. Ivan and his team are building out solutions to create efficiencies for sales teams to close deals through automation
- Jeff Orkin, Ph.D., Head of Drift AI Lab. Jeff and his team are responsible for all things AI and building tools using ML and NLP to continuously improve our platform!
- Mate Rakic, Director of Engineering, joined in June 2018. Starting out as a Tech Lead at Drift, Mate is now leading a team of engineers to innovate the way companies engage prospective buyers and make the process frictionless across the
What you’ll be doing on the team:
Day 1 you will
- Use your onboarding time to learn how things work here and to practice writing and shipping software that makes our customers successful
- Start to dig in and get the basics down about our customers
- Learn Drift-specific systems, product information, and review paperwork (we have to get that out of the way).
- Meet with your manager to discuss what your first weeks at Drift will look like
By the end of week 1 you will
- Get to know our customer - the engineering team. We work with the rest of engineering daily and dedicate time to understanding their pains and how we can help
- Have received a first look into Drift engineering systems, culture and product process through various conversations;
- A Tour of the Drift Observability Stack
- How Product Works at Drift
- Engineering Path of Success/ Path of Failure
- Auth & Debugging at Drift
- Review of Drift SDLC
- Have transitioned from company onboarding to working on your first ship with the rest of the Reliability team
- Have your local dev environment set up and made progress (or completed!) your first ship
By the end of month 1 you’ll
- Meet with each member of centralized engineering to better understand how we work with the rest of Drift
- Work with your tech lead to identify and work on a series of small-to-medium projects to help you fully understand our reliability systems
- Discuss personal and professional goals with your tech lead and develop a plan to achieve those goals
- Ramp up by engaging in these product processes at Drift:
- Write your first 1-pager describing a problem to be solved by our team
- Lead a team discussion to build a plan around the 1-pager’s problem
- Begin work to solve the problem
- Once complete, celebrate the win by sharing it in our #shipyard channel
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]