RevolutionParts is dedicated to modernizing the auto industry through our parts e-commerce platform. And we are pretty great at it too! We have enabled thousands of dealerships to sell auto parts online by transforming the way buyers and sellers connect.
And not only are we dedicated to revolutionizing the auto industry; we are also passionate about building a revolutionary team. Our Revolutionaries (as we call ourselves) are talented humans who have a shared goal of delivering an exceptional product and customer experience. Plus, we have fun while doing it!
As a Staff Engineer, you will provide technical leadership while building end-to-end features & services that directly impact our users daily. At RevolutionParts, seniority comes with a level of expectation plus accountability. This role is defined by hands-on individual contribution paired with architectural decision making, mentorship, and ownership for technical decision making. A clear understanding of the trade-offs that need to be considered when building enterprise software is essential.
Initially, you will own the design, build, and maintenance of APIs, backend services, and distributed systems. Over time, you will contribute to a range of initiatives on our roadmap that directly impact the business. We expect you to lead other Revolutionaries by example, improve engineering standards, live best practices, advocate for quality and create processes that enable the team to build world-class software for an industry in need of change.
- Participate, end to end, in the product life cycle: discovery, estimates, requirements gathering, solution design, planning, development, testing, release and warranty.
- Lead your team to delivery on high stakes objectives where you’ll need creative approaches to realize them
- Make sure we adhere to our standards and always thinking about how to build solutions that address business value, are secure, maintainable, and scalable
- Partner with Product Managers to define a project delivery plan from feature definition to story breakdown and slotting stories into sprints - owns the technical delivery plan
- Work with Product Manager and other Engineering Leaders to strike the right balance between time, scope (business and architecture) and quality—owns the final technical decision for your team
- Be the ultimate “player-coach”. Provide leadership and technical direction for your team to ensure right trade-offs with time, quality, scope and technical debt
- Constantly look for ways to mentor, direct, guide, and nurture Revolutionaries to help them attain personal goals while delivering technical innovation and business value.
- 5+ years of experience leading software development teams with hands-on involvement in system architecture, design, and performance
- Experience leading teams using various Agile development methodologies such as Scrum & Kanban to deliver software products
- Deep understanding of OO design and all Computer Science fundamentals
- Bachelor and/or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field is nice to have
- Experience working in a cloud-based software development environment, preferably with AWS
- Understanding of DevOps best practices and principles
- Experience working in a hyper-growth environment
- Experience with payments, eCommerce, and/or Marketplaces
- A growth mentality. Willing to own problems.
- Good communication and collaboration skills; comfortable discussing projects with anyone from end users up to the executive company leadership
- You have great interpersonal skills including a positive can-do attitude and sense of humor
RevolutionParts is proud to provide all full-time Revolutionaries with a comprehensive employment package including competitive compensation, career development, benefits, 401K match, parental leave, and many more valuable perks. You can learn more about our core-value driven culture at our career page.
RevolutionParts is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Information on RevolutionParts
RevolutionParts operates in the Automotive industry. The company is located in Phoenix, AZ. RevolutionParts was founded in 2013. It has 100 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 15 open jobs at RevolutionParts, click here.
Read Full Job Description