Chewy is hiring an experienced Staff Software Engineer for our Customer Engagement Platform Engineering Team based in Minneapolis, MN. Our engineering team is responsible for building and managing the tech stack supporting our Customer Relationship Marketing and its services. The team is responsible for building platform capabilities and high performing services that is focused on delivering of highly personalized messages to our Pet Parents across Chewy’s on and off-site marketing channels (email, push, Chewy.com, Chewy app, social media handles).
In this highly visible role, you will shape & build tech-enabled customer engagement solutions that will be critical to Chewy’s success. You will work cross-functionally across Product, Design, Technology, Merchandising, Customer Service, Operations, and Executive teams to create, build, and execute the Customer Engagement Platform features and capabilities.
Chewy’s mission is to empower pet parents to make smarter decisions about products for their pets. We look to provide impact by providing pet parents relevant information when they show intent in purchasing pet product. Expectation of the prospective candidate is to provide hands on contribution to SDLC process from design, development, testing, implementation, and support of applications. In this role, the ideal candidate will engage in iterative development, testing, contributing to the overall growth and development of one of Chewy’s fastest growing areas. This energetic individual will partner with both technical and business teams on multiple initiatives and collaborate to deliver new features and enhancements. The role will have tremendous visibility in the technology & business organization of Chewy.
What You'll Do:
- You will be responsible for design, development, delivery and support of large-scale, distributed software and tools
- You will be the engineering lead. You will work with the team and other partner teams to define our technical roadmap
- You will deliver projects successfully and drive initiatives for upkeep of health of our services in the face of growth
- Design and implement data integration services, best practices and reusable frameworks.
- Drive efficiency and reliability improvements through design and automation: data quality, performance, scaling, observability, and monitoring.
- Participate in hiring and coaching engineers on the team
What You'll Need:
- 10 years of experience in Software Development as a software engineer
- Strong knowledge of Python, Java, Go or Kotlin and other open-source stack (spring, apache)
- Strong experience building/integrating with low latency streams/batch and high-volume data integration services
- Knowledge of cloud & orchestration technologies (AWS Services)
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]