GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small businesses owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fintech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the Role
As a Staff Software Engineer, Web, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership in building intuitive experiences on the web. You will work hand in hand with product managers, product designers, and other engineers to create experiences that will both empower the over tens of thousands Service Professionals running their businesses on GlossGenius as well as provide their clients with a smooth and intuitive booking process.
This role is based in Colombia but remote within the country.
What You’ll Do
- Provide technical leadership to a distributed engineering team to design new and enhance existing GlossGenius product offerings
- Advise the GlossGenius leadership team on key technology and product roadmap considerations
- Own problems from end to end, managing complexity and engaging directly with stakeholders to think through everything from business impact, to reliability and operability, to security; always approaching situations with a bias to action
- Work with Product Managers to prioritize roadmap initiatives and be involved in the product ideation process
- Continually drive our engineering standards (code reuse, documentation, testing, etc.) and levels of service forward
- Take high-level business requirements and develop the technical details behind them. Collaborate with Product Managers to write epics and projects and ensure they’re appropriately broken down and prioritized, well understood by the team and sized correctly for continuous deployment.
- Architect tools, services and systems using well accepted design patterns to allow for iterative, autonomous development and future scaling
- Uphold GlossGenius’s high standards for engineering and product quality and mentor newer team members to do the same
- Technical mentor to the growing engineering team
What We’re Looking For
- You have 5+ years of technical leadership experience, including both effective communication of complex concepts and experience coordinating across teams to ship critical products
- You have experience with building a long term roadmap and technical vision to tackle complex user problems
- You have architectural and system design expertise developing highly scalable and performant distributed systems
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different functions, stakeholders, and subject matter experts
- You're a continuous learner - learn and grow constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better
- You enjoy shepherding projects from ideation to completion, where completion often involves partnering with operational teams to carefully roll out changes that affect their workflows
- You have prior experience leading and owning impactful and critical technology initiatives for organizations
- You have experience in end-to-end product development from working with Product Managers to shape the product, providing feedback and design spec review with UI/UX designers, breaking work down into manageable tasks for a team using continuous deployment, testing, deployment, and monitoring
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.