We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer in Test who is passionate about testing large-scale, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment. The ideal candidate will be partnered with talented engineers, program managers and business analysts that share our passion and great pride in the simple elegance and usability of our solution. Our team strongly believes in automated testing, UX design and an agile process to build high-quality next generation business systems.
The Staff Software Engineer in Test is responsible for supporting the planning, design and execution of system testing on complex implementations. This person must be able to work with project and application managers to define test plans and test case scripts based on business requirements and application software designs. They will also be responsible for executing the test case scripts, building test automation and working collaboratively with the application developers to execute tests as a team, log, track and validate test results. This position requires effective communication of the QA Plan to all stakeholders for a given IT program or initiative.
This is a great opportunity to join an awesome market leading company and talented Business Technology team to help push technology and quality forward.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive testing activities for a project like
- analyze requirements
- develop test plans
- write test cases & test scripts
- create test execution reports
- perform defect management
- Develop high quality functional, regression and end to end tests
- Suggests and implements improvements to functional tests suites and automation in response to evolving test requirements, industry standards, product design or project requirements
- Work with business partners to drive user acceptance testing
- Partner with project team to drive stakeholder engagement, testing and sign offs
- Guide project teams on testing practices and standards established by organization
- Be the voice for quality and drive quality initiatives
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years of software and/or system level testing as a Quality Analyst or Quality Engineer
- Ability to develop clear, structure test plans for project team
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
- Strong understanding of testing methodologies and practices
- Experience with collaboration tools like JIRA, Confluence, TestRail
- Understanding of business process knowledge in Sales and/or Finance
- Effective communicator (verbal, written, listening)
- Work under minimal supervision and/or direction
- Experience in Salesforce or Workday would be a plus
- Experience in:
- Java or similar programming languages
- Selenium or similar automation frameworks
- REST/SOAP API testing
- SQL Database
Education and Training:
- BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology
- Specialized training in: Software Development Lifecycle, Testing Integrated Business Systems
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.