Staff Software Engineer - (SP-MO) *** Windows, MacOS, Android or IOS *** at Zscaler
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company's cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler's purpose-built security platform puts a company's defenses and controls where the connections occur-the internet-so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.
The Mobile team at Zscaler is responsible for developing a cross-platform client application for Windows, MacOS, Android and IOS, to securely steer endpoint traffic to Zscaler cloud. You will be the MS Windows programming domain expert on this team and bring your endpoint software development experience to the team. You will ideally have worked on a VPN client or like client application and understand the intricacies of multi-version multi-platform client apps. This is a technical leadership position, you will be involved in all aspects of product development lifecycle - requirements discussion/analysis, design, scope estimation, planning, implementation, code reviews and unit testing, documentation, POCs, deployment and continuing engineering.
- Team is responsible for design and development of smart and breakthrough solutions for secure internet/enterprise connectivity and endpoint security client on variety of desktop and mobile platforms: Windows, MAC, iOS, Android, Linux.
- Architect, Design and Development of multi-platform software using latest software development techniques.
- Work with Product Management to understand requirements
- Write and execute dev test routines for your modules
- Work with QA to create better test routines, reproduce customer issues and deliver better quality product releases.
- 8+ years software engineering experience, with emphasis in Microsoft Windows enterprise applications development
- Experience in leading, architecting, designing, and debugging complex networking features on Windows
- Experience with Windows UI development using C++/C#/.NET technologies
- Experience with Layer 3 and higher networking technologies - IP/TCP/HTTP/SSL protocols.
- Windows driver development experience
- Dealing with interoperability issues is a big plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Hands on Windows Networking programming experience with NDIS or LWF
- Good understanding of one or more operating systems: Mac, Android or iOS is desired.
- Good understanding of security concepts such as PKI, VPN or firewall
- Strong understanding of network security technologies
- Mobile device Management (MDM) and Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) is a plus
- Experience developing cross platform end points on Windows, Linux, iOS, Android and Mac
- Bachelor's in computer science or related field is required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we'd love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com .
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.