Staff Software Engineer (SK-ZPA) - C / Linux/ SQL-NoSQL DB at Zscaler
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company's cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler's purpose-built security platform puts a company's defenses and controls where the connections occur-the internet-so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer, you will play a crucial role in designing, creating, and enhancing multi-tenant systems capable of loading and transforming a large volume of structured and semi-structured fast-moving data.
- Build robust and scalable data infrastructure (both batch processing and real-time) to support needs from internal and external users
- Design Database schema and modeling, designing and implementing API's that provide access to feature and functionality with an eye towards scale and security
- Maintain and enhance a platform to collect and ingest several billion (and growing) log events from our globally distributed cloud infrastructure and provide actionable insights and visibility to our customers and researchers.
- Participate in agile/iterative development cycles with emphasis on code quality, supportability, scalability, and performance.
- 10+ years of experience of developing enterprise applications with distributed systems background.
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Computer Science\\
- Strong C programming, Data structures/Algorithms & debugging skills in cloud environment.
- Deep understanding of Operating System principles and OS like Linux/Unix
- Strong expertise in handling very large data sets on relational and non-relational databases
- Deep understanding in profiling, scaling and tuning of relational and non-relational databases
- Experience in Networking, Socket programming & Multi-thread programming.
- Excellent Problem Solving skills
- Previous experience in security or access management a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good team player with right attitude
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we'd love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com .
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.