ActiveCampaign's category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) helps over 150,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation and CRM for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat and text. Over 100,000 of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 850+ integrations including Microsoft, Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in Marketing Automation, CRM, and E-Commerce Personalization on G2.com and is the Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius. Pricing starts at just $9/month. Start a free trial at ActiveCampaign.com.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions.
We’re looking for a Staff Software Engineer to architect and build sustainable, scalable cloud-native solutions to meet the needs of several key business areas- content creation, management, and delivery. You’ll interact with a variety of applications, ranging from PHP monoliths to microservices, written in modern object-oriented languages (i.e. Java), so versatility is important. This is an opportunity to join a customer-focused, scaling organization who truly cares about its people and their personal development. Join us as we extend and scale our marketing platform!
What your day could consist of:
- Architect scalable, cloud-native applications leveraging technologies like Java SpringBoot/Micronaut
- Measure, optimize, and re-architect production systems as they reach their current limits
- Evangelize best practices in software architecture, observability, and integration patterns
- Partner with our platform engineering teams to ensure our teams have the right tools for deploying, operating, and monitoring their services
- Build, test, and ship features confidently and with low friction through a modern GitLab continuous integration / continuous deployment pipeline
- Work closely with your autonomous, cross-functional team
What is needed:
- 10+ years of industry experience with data pipelines & datastores like Kafka, SQS, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB
- 10+ years Java and SpringBoot experience
- Proficient in MySQL, performance tuning and query optimization
- Adept with with leveraging monitoring tools, such as Datadog and New Relic
- Experience delivering highly-scalable, containerized services hosted in AWS; Kubernetes experience is a plus
- Mastery of enterprise integration patterns and asynchronous communication
- Experience implementing CI/CD and managing infrastructure as code
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Passion for mentoring and educating fellow engineers
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for meditation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees’ ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.