Staff Software Engineer, Security at Pilot.com (Remote)
- Work with cross functional leaders at Pilot, including executives, to develop and execute on Pilot’s security strategy.
- Provide thought leadership in security practices such as identity and access management, data protection, etc.
- Play a pivotal hands-on role in shaping our product security and help keep Pilot safe.
- Influence the engineering culture at Pilot to include a security-first mindset.
- Develop systems and processes to avoid and mitigate security issues in our product, Ops workflows, and infrastructure.
- Promote best practices in security and privacy, and provide regular security assessments.
- 5+ years of experience as a software/security engineer
- Experience with product security and building secure software
- Able to work collaboratively across functions
- Strong written, verbal, and technical communication skills
- Writes well-structured, well-tested, and maintainable code
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and teach others
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- Competitive benefits package including wellness benefits such as Modern Health, Headspace, One Medical, Aaptiv and Rightway
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
The base pay range target for the role seniority described in this job description is $164,000 - $277,000 in most remote locations, and between $205,000 - $277,000 in San Francisco, CA and New York City, NY. Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors such as candidate experience and expertise, geographic location, total compensation, and market data. In addition to cash pay, full-time regular positions are eligible for equity, 401(k), health benefits, and other benefits; some of these benefits may be available for part-time or temporary positions.