Staff Software Engineer, Security Intelligence Platform (Remote Eligible) at Okta
This is an opportunity to join our fast-growing Security Intelligence Platform team to develop cutting-edge risk-based authentication and authorization policies. The ideal candidate is passionate about authentication, security, has experience building large scale enterprise software, and has direct experience in authentication, identity, security, or in building complex rule-based systems for authorization.
You will share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have equity in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever. We have an extremely flexible Dynamic Work policy and newly remodeled offices in San Francisco's SOMA district, within walking distance from both BART and CalTrain.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Design and implement highly scalable authentication framework and services
- Test-driven development, design and code reviews
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation
- Support minor UI fixes and updates
- 7+ years of strong software development experience in an object oriented language building highly-reliable, mission-critical software (Java preferred)
- Expertise in creating or extending complex rule systems
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles
- Hands-on experience with React, Angular or an equivalent MVC framework
- Experience with multi-factor authentication a plus
- Experience in cloud security, identity and/or authentication protocols highly desired
- Experience with machine learning a plus
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or equivalent
Okta is an equal opportunity employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.