Staff Software Engineer- Rider Personalization at Uber
On the Rides Engineering team, we write code that ignites opportunities for millions of people every day. We're focused on making Uber's core ridesharing products faster, safer, and more reliable by building scalable software solutions for riders and drivers on our platform.
About the Role
The role is within the Rider Relevance & Personalization team at Uber. The team is focused on building relevance and personalization tech across all Rider products at Uber. The person who takes this role will be able to define the architecture and technology roadmap for one of Uber's most critical growth areas, impact the Uber mobility business directly.
What You'll Do
- Work with product, data science, and eng leadership to shape the technical roadmap and problem formulations for the team.
- Leverage algorithmic knowledge in machine learning/optimization/statistics to design robust approaches engineering solutions to positively impact Uber's business.
- Work with the team to productionize the solutions at scale.
- BS/BE degree in Computer Science and related field
- 7+ years of experience designing and implementing large scale distributed systems
- Master's in a relevant field (computer science, engineering, statistics, ML) or PhD
- Experience in leveraging machine learning/statistics/optimization to build models in production
- Some experience in leading teams either as a tech lead or a manager
- Experience building algorithms with large scale data
- Track record of building large-scale, highly-available systems for both batch and streaming
- Deep domain expertise and are one of the recognized specialists in one or multiple areas like reinforcement learning, personalization, or deep learning.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.