What is Teamshares?
Teamshares is a mission-driven startup that buys small businesses from retiring owners and transitions them into enduring, employee-owned businesses through our software, education, and community products. There wasn't an easy way for small businesses—which make up 98% of firms in the US economy—to become employee-owned before Teamshares!
We are a remote-first and Series C funded company backed by Khosla Ventures, Collaborative Fund, Inspired Capital, Slow Ventures and Union Square Ventures.
What you will do:
- Build digital products and full stack features with a measurable impact by scaling our ability to evaluate businesses and by making employee ownership and wealth more accessible to thousands of low/mid-income employees in America
- Lead technical architecture discussions and decisions that shape the long term foundation of our digital products
- Collaborate with product, design, and business operations to provide input on new product ideas and features
- Participate in building Teamshares' engineering culture and organization
What you bring:
- 4+ years experience using MVC web frameworks (e.g. Ruby on Rails)
- An enthusiasm for jumping into new problem spaces and figuring out the right solution
- An ability to think in terms of product, not just code
- An empathetic approach to and passion for solving customer problems
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Why should you join us?
Teamshares believes in supporting every team member with a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including: equity for all employees, exceptional medical/dental/vision benefits plans for employees and their families, 401k plan, and paid parental leave.
We recognize and facilitate the tangible impacts each employee has on our mission, while still maintaining a healthy work-life balance culture that emphasizes unplugging at the end of the work day. Our team values time off and actually takes vacation. We embody a growth mindset and provide the support you need to grow in your career.
More Information on Teamshares
Teamshares operates in the Fintech industry. The company is located in Brooklyn, NY. Teamshares was founded in 2018. It has 45 total employees. To see all 11 open jobs at Teamshares, click here.
Read Full Job Description