As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Staff Mobile Software Engineer to lead and influence talented software engineers, establish best practices, and drive architectural decisions as we continue to build the next evolution of our platform in a scalable, service oriented architecture.
Why Join us? Our Engineering team at Workrise is building the platform to power the largest skilled trades marketplace in the world. We have a relentless worker-first focus on providing better pay and more consistent work to skilled trades workers across the country. This equates to a better living for them and their families.What you’ll be doing:
- Working with a team of Engineers responsible for building and maintaining a mobile application
- Ownership over the delivery of features from ideation to rollout
- Leading the technical direction of the team through coaching, guiding, and influencing other engineers on the team
- Collaborating with Designers and Product managers to define the roadmap and features
- Working with our backend teams to define API contracts driven from the needs of our application
- Work closely with other Principal and Staff Engineers across the organization to align on overall architecture and ensure the team is working towards that
- Share and promote innovative ideas that will benefit the broader organization through brown bags, organization wide presentations, and direct conversations
- Working closely with our Designers and Design System team to influence their direction and priorities, establishing and evolving patterns
- Understand and own all strategic features with organizational impact, evangelizing team's deliverables, supporting large complex projects and features, including post-deployment ownership
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience with a solid track record of building, shipping and monitoring successful high-traffic mobile applications
- Experience setting and influencing team level technical direction
- Expertise with React Native or similar technologies
- Expertise with CI/CD tools and strong fundamentals with testing and delivery methodologies
- Experience bootstrapping a mobile application from zero to an active user base of thousands
- Experience mentoring and growing engineers
- Experience with building applications that serve customers with intermittent connectivity
- Strong in agile development methodology, with an understanding of what it takes to write software that is used by millions of people.
- A love for writing robust, secure, scalable, and performant applications
- A love and desire to learn new things, mentor other engineers, and lead by example as you push for engineering excellence
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!