Staff Software Engineer - Integrations at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Staff Software Engineer with the Integrations team, you will be responsible for helping to design and implement the next generation Integration Platform as a Service. Integrations are often hard to code, configure, test, monitor and maintain. Our fundamental goal on the Integrations team is to make them simpler. We are providing the same easy to use integration experience independent of the target cloud system, API or IoT device we are interoperating with, while also scaling to handle large scale and concurrent integrations. This is a role where you will be able to design a product to handle extremely large dataset processing and transformation at scale that connects disparate systems across the enterprise.
You will use your expertise in performance, scalability, architecture, object-oriented design and UX to push the boundaries in the Integration space.
You will collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to develop new and improve on existing platform features.
You will provide technical leadership and be able to coach and mentor other software engineers in different methodologies.
You will provide perspective on leading industry trends in the Integrations space, recommendations on new and emerging integration technologies.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Extensive experience in the enterprise Integrations Space
- 10+ years of hands-on experience developing Enterprise Integration Software.
- Experience connecting to numerous enterprise systems via a wide range of protocols.
- Expertise in dealing with large dataset processing/throughput and transformation.
- Expertise with Integration protocols: REST, SOAP, JDBC, PowerShell, SSH, SFTP, SCP, MQTT
- Expertise with Integration technologies: Open API/Swagger, OAuth, RabbitMQ, GraphQL, OData
- Expertise in performance tuning Java applications.
- Excellent understanding of Java and Streaming.
- Expertise with Java threading models.
- Familiarity with an Agile development environment.
- Familiarity with industry standard IDEs and build tools for Java development
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug, under pressure, critical customer issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Our technology stack:
Environment & Build Environments:
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected]m for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.