Staff Software Engineer (Golang/AWS/Microservices) at Zscaler
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company’s cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler’s purpose-built security platform puts a company’s defenses and controls where the connections occur—the internet—so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.Job Description
In this role, you will be responsible for researching security solutions and microservices to perform vulnerability discovery across hosts, containers and Kubernetes. As a member of the engineering team, you will work closely with product and architect teams to execute proof of concepts, building prototypes, and enriching the product functionalities. In this position, you will report to Cloud Security Architect.
Zscaler is hiring Software Engineers to work on delivering a multi-tenant, scalable and secure SaaS platform with a microservices architecture. Does this sound like you?
- Self-Starter. High-reaching and unstoppable. A cant-stop-wont-stop attitude and an urge to persevere until you get it right.
- Idea catalyst. Out-of-the-box thinker. Turns problems into solutions, ideas into action, plans into results.
- Puzzle solver. Sees obstacles as opportunities. Uses logic and judgment to navigate and unravel challenges.
- Trailblazer. Passionate about change and shaping the future.
- Rapidly building a proof of concepts, prototypes, and minimal viable products (MVPs) in Golang and Python.
- You will be building fault-tolerant, highly scalable, microservices in the security space.
- Conduct research to innovate new remediation suggestions, insights, hypotheses, and algorithms.
- Contributing to a core team that is researching, architecting, and designing the next generation of features and services.
- Analyze Open Source Software (OSS) tools for current challenges and their integration abilities with the product.
- Extensive research and development in the space of cloud, Kubernetes, and containers.
- Assist the engineering teams to integrate with security services via API.
- Discover and advocate for new technologies and techniques to accelerate our platform functionalities and features.
- Ability to understand OSS projects and contribute back to the community.
- 8+ years of experience in software development
- Proficiency coding in Golang. Python ( flask, Django, boto3, NumPy ) experience preferred as well.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Understanding OpenAPI standards, REST and gRPC.
- Strong API analytical skills and defining service contacts.
- Expertise in building modern microservices that are fault-tolerant, highly available, highly scalable, maintainable, and secure.
- Plugin development experience for major cloud service providers or CI / CD tools will be a huge plus.
- Have demonstrable expertise working with Amazon Web Services (AWS). Additional experience with Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud API preferred.
- Have the ability to quickly translate a vision into a working prototype or MVP.
- Understanding DevOps process and CI/CD tools( e.g., Jenkins, Github actions, GitLab runners).
- Should be aware of Kubernetes and container internals.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Good to have:
- Working with OSS tools or contributing back to OSS projects.
- Knowledge of emerging threats and vulnerabilities in the security space.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.