Sorry, this job was removed at 5:00 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, March 16, 2022
Who Are We?
The Guidewire team, now more than 3,200 people strong, is an Internet scale, Cloud native, Realtime data platform built for Property and Casualty insurance industry worldwide.
The Cloud Applications team at Guidewire is searching for a smart, proactive, and results-oriented Software Engineer to build sophisticated solutions for the property & casualty insurance industry's complex business domain and make our industry-leading products even better. The product development team is looking for an enthusiastic engineer who is passionate about building high-quality software with a phenomenal team and improving the customer experience for millions of people who use our products every day.
As a Staff Software Engineer - Full Stack, you will set the direction for the team and help drive the engineering vision. You will architect important systems and anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning.
Our teams are lean, empowered, and collaborative. You must be a self-starter and able to perform with minimal supervision while working alongside intelligent colleagues who've checked their egos at the door in a team environment, communicating effectively with everyone. We've built a strong culture, and we're looking for leaders who can help us maintain
- 10+ years of professional software development experience
- Extensive experience in architecting and developing complex Java/J2EE applications
- Solid understanding of the microservice architecture
- Experience with a market-leading client-side framework (e.g., React) is a plus.
- Experience with Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Unit/Integration Testing, etc.
- Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes, and/or Cloud deployment technologies.
- Experience building secure software and knowledge of security practices
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (e.g., DynamoDB, MongoDB) is a plus
- Agile development practices
- Experience designing REST or gRPC based APIs
- Cloud Services (e.g., AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Technical design and leadership of features from inception to release
- Mentoring less experienced engineers
- Maintaining and promoting a healthy codebase and ensuring high quality of products
- A typical candidate has a Computer Science degree or equivalent.
Our employee culture…
Who We Are
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
More Information on Guidewire Software
Guidewire Software operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in Foster City, CA and San Mateo, CA. Guidewire Software was founded in 2001. It has 2855 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 35 open jobs at Guidewire Software, click here.
Read Full Job Description