As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
We are looking for a Frontend Staff Software Engineer for our Worker Experience team to help us to continue to build the next evolution of our platform through furthering the engagement and success of the Workers on our platform.
We are organized into agile, cross-functional product line teams consisting of engineering, product and design which allows us to develop deep expertise and rapidly deliver high-value features and functionality.What you'll be doing:
- Working with a team of Frontend Engineers responsible for building and maintaining our Worker facing application
- Ownership over the delivery of features from ideation to rollout
- Collaborating with Designers and Product managers to define the roadmap and features
- Working with our backend teams to define API contracts driven from the needs of our experiences
- Set standards for performance, resource consumption, integration testing, and accessibility across our organization and implement tooling to match where necessary.
- Collaborate with frontend developers to understand their pain points and ensure their success
- Mentoring junior Frontend Engineers across the organization, providing guidance and support with a sense of stewardship for their growth
- Influencing other Frontend Engineering teams and the wider engineering organization through demos, brown bag topics, and design proposals
- Working closely with our Designers and Design System team to influence their direction and priorities, establishing and evolving patterns.
- 6+ years of relevant software development experience
- Experience building production grade single page applications
- Experience in React, Apollo-Client or other state management frameworks, GraphQL
- Familiarity with cloud computing providers, order of preference: GCP, AWS, Azure
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines for your production services
- Experience with remote collaboration with teams in different time zones
- BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Highly motivated and self-directed engineer who wants to deliver real business value
- You seek to understand the purpose of your project and how it fits into the larger view
- See mistakes as learning opportunities, not just for you but for your team as well
- Consistently leave code and projects better than you found them
- Take pride in the products you build and want to deliver an exceptional experience for the end user
- You are pragmatic and understand there will always be tradeoffs
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!