By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Clari uses AI and automation to drive growth and retention for high-performing revenue teams. Clari’s market-leading Revenue Operations Platform is currently processing over $300 billion in pipeline each year, and is used by over 100,000 marketing, sales, and customer success professionals across 170 countries. Customers include market leaders like Adobe, Zoom, Qualtrics, UiPath, Okta, and Workday. We constantly hear from our customers that Clari is required equipment, and that we’ve changed their lives and the trajectory of their businesses. It never gets old, and we never take it for granted. Together, we help others realize their fullest potential by transforming their revenue operations to be connected, efficient, and predictable.
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our Engineering Foundations Team and drive the creation of platforms, frameworks, and solutions that empower our engineers to create remarkable products, faster. As part of the Engineering Foundations Team you will have the opportunity to design and build the future of our backend microservice platform, improve our CI/CD pipelines, create libraries and frameworks used by Clari engineers, drive software engineering best practices, and help improve the overall developer experience.
This is a fully remote opportunity and can be worked from any location in the United States.
- Design, build, optimize, and own platforms, frameworks, libraries, and services used by applications throughout Clari
- Collaborate with Architects, Product Development Teams, and other Software Engineers to design and build highly scalable, distributed systems
- Identify friction points in development processes and lead initiatives to overcome them
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack, and lead efforts to uplevel the observability and reliability of the overall system
- Shape the future of engineering across Clari by evangelizing best practices, improving standards, and guiding teams towards achieving their fullest potential
- Mentor engineers earlier in their technical careers to help them grow
- Lead by example and help foster collaborative and inclusive teams
- Have a strong technical background, including 8+ years of experience building impactful large-scale products or systems using Java or a similar object-oriented language
- Have a solid understanding of distributed systems, microservice design patterns, communication protocols, application architecture, performance optimization and related trade-offs
- Have a track record working across engineering organizations to establish and align technical architecture designs and drive decision making
- Are a strong, transparent communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you
- Have built observable systems that track important metrics, investigated and addressed issues with performance, scalability, and maintainability
- Experience creating and optimizing CI/CD pipelines with technologies such as Jenkins a plus
- Experience working with Spring Boot, servlets such as Jetty and Tomcat, and container technologies such as Docker a plus
- Track record of introducing software engineering best practices and developer experience improvements a plus
Benefits and Culture
- Team-bonding activities and company-wide events
- Flexible working hours and remote opportunities
- Internet, phone, and wellness reimbursements
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Fertility support
- 401(k) and college savings plan
- Pre-IPO stock options
You’ll often hear our CEO talk about “Being Remarkable.” To Clari, remarkable means many things. First and foremost, we believe in providing work that’s interesting and meaningful, in an environment that’s nurturing and inclusive, that is free from discrimination for each and every team member without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. Efforts have to be recognized. Voices have to be heard. And work/life balance has to be baked into the very fiber of the company. We are honored to be recognized by Inc. Magazine and Bay Area News Group as a best place to work, several years running. We’d love to have you join us on our journey to remarkable!
Read Full Job Description