Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Affirm’s engineering team is building a large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant and global infrastructure that is shared across multiple financial products, merchants and vendors. Ensuring that our infrastructure is transparently available to all engineers is critical to the success of the business. We pride ourselves on our culture across engineering of writing blameless postmortems as well as writing detailed tech specs and gathering feedback before large changes to systems.
The charter of the Data DevOps team is to develop and operate critical data infrastructure and integrate third-party data solutions while supporting internationalization and advancing the security posture of Data systems at Affirm. Our mandate is to ensure that Affirm's Data Infrastructure is highly resilient and fault tolerant, while maintaining our high SLA uptime expectations. We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer (Data Engineering) who’s passionate about large-scale data infrastructure, automation & security to drive the strategy and execution as part of our Platform Engineering team.What you'll do
- Design, Develop and Operate key infrastructure components of the data stack
- Build strategies, provision and maintain third-party products in the data stack
- Design and develop Deploy tooling for data frameworks in all envs
- Drive internationalization strategy for data stack
- Effectively utilize the Observability Infrastructure at Affirm
- Drive adoption of data infrastructure to Kubernetes
- Manage and govern our growing infrastructure AWS costs across multiple accounts
- Participate in Oncall and triage rotations
- Mentor other engineers on the team for their growth
- Collaborate with other domain architects for dependencies
- Experience with Message Queue systems like Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis..
- Experience with Data Warehouse solutions like AWS Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery.
- Experience with data replication systems like Debezium
- Experience with Data Exploration systems like JupyterHub
- Experience with Terraform or other Infrastructure as Code tools
- Familiarity with managing infrastructure in AWS or other public clouds
- Experience managing data dashboards systems like Looker.
- Experience with automation systems (ansible, puppet) is a plus, saltstack preferred
- Comfort and experience with open source systems a plus
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 23,917 - 28,700 PLN
- New hires who commence employment with Affirm before June 30, 2022, and are employed for one year, are eligible to receive 100,000 PLN as a sign-on bonus.
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.