Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we've built and have been recognized as:
- Forbes Fintech 50 2021
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021
- Inc. Best-Led Companies 2021
- TIME 100 Most Influential Company 2021
We're growing and looking for...
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We're seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We're in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
As Robinhood's infrastructure engineering, we are on a mission to provide Robinhood product teams a world-class platform that enables rapid product development by making infrastructure invisible and highly available.
The mission of Software Platform, of which Container Orchestration is a part, is to accelerate developer velocity and increase system reliability by building the foundational software platforms and tools that power the rest of Robinhood engineering.
The Container Orchestration team at Robinhood is solely responsible for building a highly available, horizontally scalable, secure, best in the industry (for Robinhood scale) offering of Kubernetes-powered container provisioning APIs that seamlessly integrate with the rest of infrastructure and platform offerings from other teams. This team's primary focus is to proactively ensure scalability, reliability and availability of our Kubernetes distribution. This includes the deployment topology and configuration of the OSS components we build upon and all the extensions we build.
Container Orchestration is responsible for defining and implementing a cell based, multi-region architecture for Robinhood's platform and infrastructure services. This helps the platform services scale without adding additional complexity to our application developers. APIs and systems managed by this team are also responsible for transparent platform integrations (sidecars, daemonsets) that offer core capabilities (Auth, Security, DNS, Load Balancing, Storage) offered to the tenants (applications) making this an area of huge importance to the overall safety and reliability of Robinhood and its value to be a safety-first company.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Design large scale systems within the team, making the right tradeoffs for risk and long-term maintainability.
- Proactively identify and drive optimizations and improvements to the infrastructure and systems.
- Set up and drive technical directions of the project while mentor and up-level junior engineers in the team.
- Lead organization-wide collaboration for the team.
- Contribute to open source projects.
- Staff-level distributed systems engineering experience.
- Expert knowledge of Kubernetes control plane and data plane components.
- Thorough understanding of the Kubernetes Platform and container lifecycle management.
- Experience with Kubernetes multi-cluster challenges and Kubernetes networking (e.g. CNI deployment and troubleshooting).
- Experience managing and debugging large scale infrastructure services in production.
- Proven seasoned individual contributor with experience planning and leading end to end large projects with long-term impact on one or more systems or a team.
- Have a strong technical grasp and have excellent judgment on task prioritizations.
- Have a history of creating and applying new processes and tooling to increase engineering efficiency.
- Have a passion for mentoring junior engineers and improving engineering craftsmanship.
- Open source contributions to Kubernetes and other related projects.
- Prior experience scaling the Kubernetes platform at high-growth startups.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams.
- Experience designing and managing other distributed systems at scale.
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission-we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Robinhood is a primarily remote company. If hired, you will work as a remote employee unless the job you are applying for has a different working model specified. Please reach-out to your recruiter if you have any questions regarding the job's working model.