Staff Software Engineer (C# remote) at Match Group
| Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:24 p.m. (CST) on Saturday, May 7, 2022
As a Staff Software Engineer (C# API) you’ll take Match Affinity’s back-end tier to the next level.
We're building a modern and robust tech stack with an emphasis on testing, performance, and scalability. If you are looking to work on a SOLID code base using the latest tech, including .Net Core and AWS, then this role is for you.
At Match Affinity, we make dating apps that embrace our users' sense of belonging. Every month, millions of singles come to our apps (BLK, Chispa, and Upward) to make great connections within their communities.
We’re based in Dallas, TX. However, we are open to considering a remote office for a qualified candidate who can travel periodically to Dallas.
How you’ll make an impact:
- You will take the lead in defining our back-end roadmap, working with our API development team to guide them on best practices
- You will help lead us in our journey to evolve our back end to a more cloud-native, horizontally-scalable architecture
- You will work to maintain alignment across the API development team
- You will build POCs, research vendor offerings, analyze opportunities to utilize cloud-native technologies, and make fact-based recommendations based on those findings
- You will confront scalability challenges, navigate distributed systems, and apply best practices along with way
- You will mentor less-experienced developers and perform code reviews, providing clear feedback and suggestions as needed
- You will implement new RESTful API endpoints, make changes to existing high-volume endpoints, and build new microservices with C#, utilizing Redis, Kafka, Amazon SQS, and SQL Server/T-SQL
- You will write unit and integration tests to verify these endpointsYou will assist in the creation of new database objects and stored procedures
We could be a match if:
- You have 10+ years of real-world development experience
- You are comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- You creatively solve problems with little supervision or hand-holding
- You value output and productivity, while maintaining architectural integrity and code quality
- You possess excellent communication skills in both technical and non-technical discussions
- You are proficient in the Microsoft stack (C#, .NET, SQL Server/T-SQL, Web API)
- You write testable code and are comfortable with unit and API testing
- You are experienced with public and/or private APIs (RESTful web services)
- You understand databases and can write stored procedures
- You have experience with asynchronous messaging frameworks like Kafka
- You have experience supporting (or are excited to support) high-volume apps that make millions of users’ lives better
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
What’s the team like?
- We’re a small but multifaceted team where everyone adds value
- Our back-end team creates solutions to support customers who use our Android and iOS mobile apps
- We work collaboratively with all of our business counterparts - Product, Design, Marketing, and Analytics
- We’re laid back, but we work fast; we work hard to meet the needs of a market-driven business and still manage to write great code
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too – here are some examples how:
Annual training budget for each employee
100% employer match on 401k contributions
Specific COVID-19 allowance for home office set-up
Matched giving to qualified organizations
100% paid Parental Leave for up to 20 weeks
Happy Hours and Company events
At Match Group, we represent a collection of unique brands - but we all focus together on the health and safety of all of our employees. That's why we require that employees are fully-vaccinated when in person at any US office or company-sponsored fun. If you need to talk through this in-person vaccine requirement, our People team can work with you through our accommodations review process.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.
More Information on Match Group
Match Group operates in the Other industry. The company is located in Dallas, TX. Match Group was founded in 1995. It has 2103 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 147 open jobs at Match Group, click here.
Read Full Job Description