As the leading workforce management solution for the energy industry, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers.
Workrise is hiring a Staff Software Engineer to help build the next evolution of our platform, growing our search & match intelligence engine capability to connect our clients and workers.
Why join us? As a Backend Staff Software Engineer, you'll work closely with your team to build & maintain the microservices running on our Google Kubernetes Engine, partner with Frontend Engineers to define the API contracts that serve our application experiences, and collaborate with Product & Design to refine our feature roadmap.
We'll be there to support you as you become familiar with our teams, product domains, tech stack and processes - generally how we all work together.
Essential Job Functions:
- Help design, build and deliver the services and domains that power our platform - shaping the product features and capabilities that underpin our platform
- Provide technical leadership, leading by example both within your team/domain and across our organisation
- Exert your passion and thinking to shape the technical direction of our product & platform domains - using best of breed languages, frameworks and technologies
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to take ideas from concept to delivery - balancing the desire to ship code with the responsibility to get it right
- Contribute to our culture improving how we deliver as a team - helping us to leave things better than we find them & making it easier for all of us to get stuff done
- Support, coach and mentor Engineers within our team - sharing your insight, knowledge and experience as we learn & grow together
Our main tech stack includes : Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes & Docker, Node.js, React.js, Typescript, Material-UI, Graph QL, Neo4j, Node.js, NestJS, MongoDb, PostgreS, Kotlin, and Kafka
If you have production scale experience in a different stack (Go, Java, Python, Scala, C# etc.) and are interested in moving to a new stack then we should chat.
Who you are:
- You're a hands-on developer who gets stuck in, you enjoy solving complex problems & building impactful solutions - importantly you care about making a difference
- You take the initiative to own outcomes from start to finish - knowing what needs to be done within your domain and how we work together to deliver the best solution
- You’ve a passion for developing your craft - you get what it takes to build quality, robust and scalable solutions
- You’ll see the learning when things don’t quite go to plan - not just for you but how we continuously improve as a team
- Above all, you get stuff done, and more importantly, you’ll collaborate to do the right things, in the right way to achieve the right outcomes
- 7+ years of relevant development experience building production grade solutions
- Delivery focussed with solid exposure to SOA and/or Microservices environment
- Practical exposure of CI/CD pipelines for your production services
- Familiarity with cloud service platforms (GCP, or AWS, Azure etc.)
- Experience partnering and collaborating with remote teams (across different time zones)
- Proven track record in learning new technologies and applying that learning quickly
Some of the things that would be nice to have, but not required
- Familiar with containerisation and Kubernetes
- Practical production knowledge of GraphQL or alternatives
- Experience with pub/sub messaging technology like Kafka
Note - all candidates must be able to demonstrate their right to work in the UK
What we offer:
We can promise that every day will be a little different with new ideas, challenges & rewards.
We’ve been growing as a team and we are not done just yet, there is plenty of opportunity to shape how we deliver together.
You’ll receive a benefits package that is one of the most competitive in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- Competitive base salary & market leading equity package (pre-IPO)
- Annual performance related bonus opportunity (cash & equity)
- 25 days of annual leave plus 11+ statutory days
- Premium Medical & Dental - day 1 cover for you & your family
- Pension - positive employer contribution
- Group Critical Illness & Life Cover
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible approach to working
- Excellent WFH office contribution
We embrace diversity in all of its forms and foster an inclusive environment for all people to do their best work with us.
All appointments will be made on merit.
At Workrise you can feel good about supporting our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters your growth. We use data to drive our decisions and improve the experience of our workers and the clients we serve. With mutual respect for each other, we continually collaborate to find the best solution.
In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with:
- Working alongside talented peers who will bring out the best in you
- The opportunity to significantly impact the growth curve of an already high-growth business
- Benefits for full-time employees, flexible paid time off, 401k with company matching, medical, dental and vision insurance
Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel belonging, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, neurodiversity, educational background, religion, ethnicity, disability, age, veteran status, and citizenship. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team.
Who we are:
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to manage and deploy Oil & Gas workers at scale through technology. Over time, we’ve grown to add Renewables in service of the energy industry.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, and Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially.
We’d love to share more through the interview process and look forward to learning more about your journey.
To all recruitment agencies: Workrise does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Workrise employees or any other organization location. Workrise is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.