Staff Software Engineer - Backend, Marketing Campaigns at Twilio (Remote)
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff Software Engineer
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to help develop an intuitive product that allows our customers to build, manage, and send their digital marketing communications. You’ll work with a passionate, versatile, and collaborative team, tackling tough problems as we continue to push our technology forward. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to influence and implement architectural solutions that will enable us to achieve our goal of being the world’s most trusted communication platform.
As a member of the Marketing Campaigns team, you will be directly responsible for helping build our next-gen marketing communications products. With a constant focus on our users, we hope to deliver a new set of tools that will disrupt the marketing SAAS industry. You will get a chance to design and implement solutions that will provide marketers and developers alike with the tools they need to create personalized communication experiences for their customers.
The person in this role will influence the design and management of Marketing Campaign’s most requested feature: SMS. This influence will start at the Front End which is built with Reactjs but has the opportunity to extend to the backend (Golang, DynamoDB, Lambda, EC2, Kinesis, SQS, S3, Terraform) as well. This team will also be focused on developing and improving customer-facing features such as our world class email template editor, and design libraries.
In this role, you’ll:
Design, build, deploy and manage secure systems in the AWS cloud
- Collaborate with other team members, including our Product and API team, to help influence, own, and
- improve our current product offering
- Lead strategic technical initiatives that impact the entire engineering organization
- Rapidly acquire new technical skills and knowledge in a fast-paced, high-delivery environment
- Manage your work through the use of Github, Jira, and our build/deploy systems
- Contribute and evaluate the testing of our code and the delivery of what we create to production
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Typically, 7+ years of software development experience with cloud application development
- 5+ years working in Go and/or Python
- Experience building distributed systems at scale and microservices architecture
- Expert in REST API design and implementation
- Positive attitude, willingness to mentor less experienced developers, and aptitude to learn and execute quickly in a small team
- Strong communicator fluent in both written and verbal English
- Schedule: ability to work non-standard, on-call rotation weekend and holiday hours
- Experience in secure coding best practices
- Proficient with AWS preferred, multi-region deployment
This role will be remote and based in our Denver, CO office. Approximately 10% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $160,080.00 - 200,100.00.
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.