From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
As a staff engineer on our framework development team, you will lead the team in architecting and defining the frameworks and tools required to improve product quality and testing efficiency. When we at Fivetran talk about quality, we think of quality as a feature of the product. You will solve complex problems around quality by designing, developing, and improving automation, reporting, and performance tools. You collaborate with fellow Staff engineers on ideas, designs, and code reviews. You will also coach Fivetran engineers to be the best in class automation engineers and continuously steer the teams at Fivetran to follow high standards for automation and quality. The ideal candidate is highly technical, detail-oriented, creative, motivated, and focused on achieving results.
- Java11, JUnit4
- Docker and Kubernetes
- AWS, GCP
- Bazel, Circle CI
- Develop deep expertise in Fivetran's Product, Infrastructure, and Platform.
- Architect solutions and proposals to lead the development strategy and implementation that helps maximize Fivetran product’s quality.
- Build and share proof of concepts for project proposals and ideas.
- Build and maintain tools that focus on improving the performance, scalability and quality of Fivetran products, such as the Connector
- Benchmarking Tool and Automated Testing Framework using Docker and K8s.
- Support software development and software development test engineers through training, mentoring, and problem-solving.
- Actively engage with fellow engineers in design and code reviews to ensure we deliver tools that make product development teams' lives easier.
- Communicate, coordinate, and align quality strategy with the engineering team members; make recommendations to improve reliability, performance, best practices, and processes.
- Work with cross-functional teams (QA, Developers, Product, SRE) in test automation activities across the organization.
- 10+ years of experience in the software industry with a passion for quality, automation, and building frameworks.
- Software engineering foundations. Experience designing and developing automation and reporting frameworks for backend and frontend from scratch and leveraging industry best practices.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with OOP, preferably Java.
- Hands-on experience working with AWS or any other cloud technologies and containerization methodologies like docker, K8s.
- Experience interacting with continuous integration tools like CircleCI/Jenkins.
- Knowledge of code coverage tools and metrics is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal English skills to support complex analysis.
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Integrity, Initiative, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.