Staff Software Engineer, Adobe Experience Manager at Ancestry (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:29 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, June 7, 2022
When you join Ancestry, you join a human-centered company where every person’s story is important. We believe that by discovering the struggles and triumphs of our past, we can foster deeper bonds and more meaningful connections among families and communities. Our talented team of scientists, engineers, genealogists, historians, and storytellers is dedicated to empowering customers around the world from all backgrounds on their journeys of personal discovery.
With more than 30+ billion digitized global historical records, 100+ million family trees, and 20+ million people in our growing AncestryDNA database, Ancestry helps customers discover their family story and gain a new level of understanding about their lives. Passionate about dedicating your work to enriching people’s lives? You belong at Ancestry.
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our team and help bring high-quality and impactful platform features to improve Ancestry. We use the latest open source technologies to create web applications that run at scale. Reporting to our Senior Software Engineering Manager, your work will have an impact on user experience and the primary product. You will be an experienced Staff-level Software engineer with expert level proficiency in building system architectures, designing platform/application and coding complex features.
What you will do...
- Solve advanced technical challenges
- Monitor and optimization of AEM platform. Identify and fix issues related to performance, memory, CPU, and caching
- Support content authors and end customers by answering questions and fixing defects reported
- Work with multiple partners including external vendors to vet requirements and map them to user stories
- Architect/Design/Develop Web Applications, Data Pipelines and AEM-based features to support marketing and product projects
- Collaborate with offshore team members, share knowledge with them, lead and help them to develop new features and fix bugs.
- Work in a collaborative Agile environment (SCRUM)
- Lead scrum ceremonies such as grooming, planning, daily stand up meetings
- Lead end-end implementation of use cases with help of offshore team
Who you are...
- 9+ years of experience in Java/Java EE related technology (Core Java, JDBC, Servlets, JSP, Spring, Maven, or Tomcat)
- 5+ years of architecture and development experience in AEM Sites, Pages, Templates, Components, Content Fragments, Experience Fragments, HTL (Sightly), Digital Asset Management(DAM), Dialogs, Object Models, Workflows, ContextHub, or OSGI components
- Experienced in using Caching frameworks and Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Have good understanding of Docker, CICD and Cloud Platforms such as AWS
- Integrated enterprise services with AEM solutions
- Established best practices of content development and publishing using AEM
- Experienced in drawing conclusions and providing recommendations using data from monitoring tools (Ex: New Relic), logs
- Experience in the following technologies: Node.js, React.js/Angular/Vue
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $133,200/year + eligible for bonus, equity, and comprehensive benefits including health, dental and vision. Read more about our benefits HERE.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
More Information on Ancestry
Ancestry operates in the Artificial Intelligence industry. The company is located in Lehi, UT and San Francisco, CA. Ancestry was founded in 1983. It has 1400 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Volunteer in local community, Partners with nonprofits, Eat lunch together, Intracompany committees, OKR operational model and Team based strategic planning. To see all jobs at Ancestry, click here.
Read Full Job Description