Staff Software Engineer
The world's most innovative brands choose LivePerson's Conversational Cloud. Our AI-powered Conversational Cloud has made over a billion brand-to-consumer conversations possible. We make it easy for consumers to ask questions and make purchases in the messaging channels they use every day. Currently, 18000+ leading brands like Citibank, HSBC, Orange, Virgin Atlantic, RBS, and Liberty Global, use our conversational commerce solutions to orchestrate humans and AI at scale and create a convenient, deeply personal relationship — a conversational relationship — with their millions of consumers.
Engineering at LivePerson is an inspired, customer-obsessed organization dedicated to building solutions that redefine the Conversational AI industry. We work in small, collaborative, agile, and mission-driven teams with a clear mission empowering quality, continuous feedback, testing, monitoring, and end-to-end ownership.
Our engineering teams make some of the most significant decisions and at scale. Do you want to be part of the next stage of innovation and growth? As a Senior member, you will be part of an Account Configuration Platform group and contribute to multiple tech stacks. We are a globally distributed business unit spread across EMEA and the Americas.
What You Be Doing In This Role:
- Be a technical leader within the Account Configuration Platform teams.
- Scale current system to 3x and 10x in the next 12 months with uptime >99.999%.
- Drive high impact architectural decisions and hands-on development, including inception, design, execution, and delivery following good design and coding practices
- Optimize software, databases, queries, and processes – and induce a progressive mindset of excellence and improvements.
- Produce and inspire high-quality, well-tested code that is easy to read and maintain.
- Continuous focus on production readiness including but not limited to Root Cause Analysis, Testing, Monitoring, Reliability, Documentation and etc.
- Drive and lead cross-team/functional initiatives, projects, and own success metrics.
- Contribute to the team’s on-call rotation to improve incident coverage.
Some of the technologies we are using:
- Spring 2x/3x, Spring Boot, and Nest.js
- Kubernetes and Docker
- Apache Kafka, Google Pub/Sub
- MySQL, Couch base, Cassandra, Elasticsearch
- Microservices, event-driven architecture
- GCP, AWS, and On-Premises infrastructure (Hybrid)
- Vault, OAuth2.0 Provider, and much more
What you need for success:
- Experience in architecting and building large-scale distributed systems
- Expert skills with databases i.e MySQL, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, etc.
- Past experience with hybrid clouds (GCP, AWS, On-Premise Datacenters).
- Deep understanding of optimizations, migrations, and continuous improvements.
- Passionate about GraphQL, gRPC, and low-latency contract systems.
- Crisp communication and ability to inspire engineers by mentorship.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic about continuous improvements in the engineering.
- Possess the Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Experience with globally distributed teams in multiple time zones is a plus.
What do we offer:
- A globally, talented multi-cultural team from 30+ nationalities.
- Excellent base salary plus a bonus package.
- Great benefits such as pension plans, medical plans, dental plans, and more.
- 100% remote-friendly, work from anywhere opportunity.
- Lucrative 28 vacation days, plus additional care days (depending upon location!).
- Continuous learning opportunities and we offer cloud certifications.
- WeWork Corporate Pass – use anywhere in the world.
- Exciting travel opportunities to headquarters (post-COVID).
- Choose a machine of your choice (Mac, Windows, Linux).
- Your Internet and Cell Phone are on us.
- Team meets, lunches, dinners, and offsite fun activities.
- You will have the ability to make an impact at work and with brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits, flexible time off, plus snacks and drinks to keep your mind fresh and stomach full. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.