Staff Software Engineer, Access Gateway at Okta
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:08 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, September 29, 2021
Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta IT can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or the applications are in the cloud, on premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps IT become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance. The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
Okta is seeking a highly technical and experienced Senior Software Engineer to join a new team of engineers working on the Okta Access Gateway product. Okta Access Gateway solves the hybrid IT access problem for enterprises, connecting on-premises applications shipped from enterprise software vendors along with custom-built, on-premises applications to the Okta Identity Cloud. Okta Access Gateway is a proxy that can be deployed in a customer’s datacenter or on top of IDaaS providers. Okta Access Gateway provides all the same authentication techniques, risk profiles, conditional access policies that can be applied to SaaS applications to on-premises applications from vendors such as Oracle, IBM, SAP and Microsoft.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop new features for Okta’s Access Gateway product utilizing Java/C/C++
- Lead the effort to diagnose and troubleshoot customer escalations utilizing Operating System level tools such as vmstat, uptime, dmesg and application tools such as JProfiler and VisualVM
- Implement unit, functional and integration tests for new features utilizing test frameworks such as Junit, and Selenium
- 5+ years experience working in development roles in Software Engineering
- 5+ years programming experience with Java or Python; experience with PHP, shell scripts (bash), C, a strong plus
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals and concepts involving Data Structures and Algorithms
- 3+ years experience using, maintaining, and deploying Linux-based systems
- 3+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services Stack (Elastic Cloud
- Compute instances, Security Groups; Lambda) is a plus
- 3+ years of experience working with proxy or other web servers, preferably with nginx
- 3+ years of experience working in Identity Security Domain utilizing protocols such as Single Sign On (SSO), Security Assertion Markup
- Language (SAML), OAuth, OpenID Connect (OIDC), System for Cross-Domain Identity Management
- 3+ year experience working in an Agile software development teams leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Read Full Job Description