ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Do you have a passion for automation and continuous improvement? Do you thrive on creating self-service tools and empowering those around you? Does everyone want you on their team? If you answered yes, to all of these, read on.
What you get to do in this role:
- As a Software Build Engineer, you will be part of a team that is building the next generation build and release platform for ServiceNow. We need your expertise to help develop, scale, automate, and improve the underlying infrastructure, software, processes, and services required to support enterprise software development, quality engineering, and production releases. This includes the following responsibilities:
- Partner with our UX Engineering team to build, package, test and deploy highly interactive application UI’s that can scale with application complexity
- Craft better automated testing strategies to help us test thousands of projects as quickly as possible on all kinds of browsers (TestCafe, Karma, Selenium, Jest)
- Drive the project execution and development of the end to end pipeline for all UX related build, package and test infrastructure
- Support and maintain source code management and build tools (Git/GitHub/Jenkins/Maven/Nexus)
- Tool creation, adoption and integration
- Troubleshooting, problem solving, root cause analysis, and documentation
- Branching and code repository administration
- Automate anything you can get your hands on
To be successful in this role you have:
- Strong to expert Linux and networking skills
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages
- Experience in source code management and branching
- Understanding of automated build and release systems
- Passion for automation, continuous improvement, and DevOps culture
- Clear communication skills, both in person and online
- Security and compliance minded
- Fluency in the software development lifecycle
- A strong commitment to customer service
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in developing automation in large enterprise scale development environments
- Inter-team training and knowledge sharing
- Experience managing, debugging, and improving build systems
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Fluency in several of the following technologies:
- Git / GitHub
- Maven / Nexus / Lerna / npm
- Ruby / Perl / Shell Scripting
- Amazon Web Services
- Linux (CentOS/Fedora/RedHat)
- Kubernetes / Docker
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.