Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
To strengthen our growing Enterprise Applications team, we are looking for an experienced Senior Staff Software Architect, Marketing Systems, passionate about transforming technology into critical business value. You will synthesize a product vision into key technical decisions and partner with Business Units and engineering teams to buy, build, launch, and scale platforms. You will report to the Sr. Manager of Enterprise Architecture. This person needs to have an authority level understanding of Marketing Automation Systems.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Identifying with leadership the business capabilities and relevant systems to solve marketing needs by making clear recommendations for transitional/future state architecture in written format as presentations or documents
- Maintaining diagrams that highlight the relationship between business value, capabilities and technology by creating logical, business, integration and functional architecture artifacts for review by engineering teams and security
- Document feedback on RFP’s and evaluation of new or changing architecture into the marketing landscape by being an input into vendor score cards, negotiations and security review analysis
- Help mentor and influence engineers by providing frameworks, guidelines and best practices for implementing and configuring marketing systems
- Prototyping new capabilities for marketing systems and how they will be integrated into the larger coinbase ecosphere by creating small to medium demos of new capabilities that can be decided on potential future implementations
- Identify future needs and best of breed opportunities for the marketing teams by presenting quarterly roadmaps for marketing architecture improvements
- Determine and clarify roles and permissions for capabilities by mapping out in documentation why each new opportunity is suited for given personas
- Improve EA maturity in non-functional requirements and security review processes by providing actionable feedback to the organization
- Help reduce technical debt by maintaining and prioritizing decisions and work that needs to be fixed longer term
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- BA/BS in Engineering, or Computer Sciences
- 3+ years experience in engineering and technical hands-on roles
- Experience with Marketing automation systems, email campaigns, digital asset managers and best of breed marketing tools for fast growing companies
- Knowledge of demand generation and lead scoring
- Knowledge of (LTV) Life Time Value of a customer
- Knowledge of events and social media management
- Deep analytical skills for identifying the effectiveness of marketing strategies
- Insight into SEO and attribution metrics
- Experience with email marketing automation and cohort strategy for targeted customers
- Experience making buy vs build decisions during vendor evaluations
- 3+ years of experience in enterprise architecture performing the duties described above
- Stakeholder management experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experience handling uncertainty and changing requirements in a high-growth, startup environment
- Experience proactively managing Technical Debt
- Experience working with engineering teams and influencing their architecture choices
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Bynder, Contentful, Kenshoo, Impact Radius, Google/Bing Ads, Iterable
- Experience with Splash and Sprout Social
- Experience with BI tools and some knowledge of SQL
- Experience with vendor management is a plus
- Passionate about the crypto economy and DeFi
- Experience in the tech industry with recent experience implementing 1 or more large marketing systems
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.