Life360 is a Remote First company, which means a remote work environment will be the primary experience for all employees. All positions, unless otherwise specified, can be performed remotely (within the US) regardless of any specified location above.About Life360
Life360 is on a mission to bring families closer— and that starts with ensuring that loved ones are safe and secure. That’s why millions of families across 140 countries trust Life360 to keep them connected each day, and in life’s unpredictable moments.
From real-time location sharing and notifications, to driving safety features like Crash Detection and Roadside Assistance, we create tools that remove uncertainty from modern life — so families can feel free, together.About the Job
As a Staff SRE on the Cloud team you will help build and operate scalable services that power the features of the number one mobile app that provides safety and peace of mind to millions of families. Our cloud team ensures that our API's are able to process tens of thousands of requests a second with the ability to scale 10x. You'll be a very active contributor to the design and operation of the core services. You use automation tools as often as possible, and develop and improve these tools. You are comfortable dealing with very large amounts of traffic to the tune of billions of daily API requests.What You’ll Do
- Engage with product and engineering teams to design, build and maintain the system / software for high availability and resiliency.
- Write software layers, scripts, deployment frameworks, tracers, monitors, self-healing/auto remediation tools to automate the processes.
- Build and maintain software modules for use and reuse in cloud systems automation.
- Troubleshooting and root-cause analysis of issues regardless of tool, provider, platform, or language.
- Mentor other engineers on operational best practices for architecture, implementation, and operation of large scale cloud systems.
- Participate in shared on-call rotation.
- Estimate schedules, breaking tasks down to reasonable 1-3 day tasks.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline with at least 10 years experience in operations and exposure to software engineering.
- Programming experience with one or more relevant languages: Java, Python, PHP, Scala, etc.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Chef, Terraform, or an equivalent.
- Proficient in multi-threaded design and implementation.
- Troubleshooting and system engineering exposure in UNIX/Linux production environments.
- Developing, running, and/or consuming cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, Docker/Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with existing open source projects such as Consul, Kafka, Cassandra, Docker.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply complex subjects and technologies.
- Experience desired with Big Data, streaming technologies, SaaS based environments, Web Analytics
- Must be detail-oriented and demonstrate initiative and high self-motivation. Enthusiastic, creative and positive attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent English verbal and written communication skills. Highly collaborative working style.
We value having a diverse and inclusive community from many backgrounds, so even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying!Our Benefits
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental wellness.
- Flexible PTO and 12 company wide days off throughout the year
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
Our company’s mission driven culture is guided by our shared values to create a trusted work environment where you can bring your authentic self to work and make a positive difference
- Build A High Performing Team – Communicate Directly, Be a Good Person
- Make Things Happen – Take Ownership, Think Long Term
- Deliver an Exceptional Experience – Users Come First, Quality & Craftsmanship
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Since the majority of our staff is located on the US West Coast, our primary working hours will be 9-4pm PST