*** U.S. Citizenship is Required ***
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
The Emerging Technology group is a fast paced and exciting product development team which is at the forefront of adopting cloud technology and solving customer problems. We hire talented engineers and provide them lots of freedom and autonomy to build great products. The position is to hire an engineer who will contribute to significantly improve product quality. We are looking for engineers with a combination of solid in-depth understanding of networking, systems and security and have the ability to test software for scale, performance and availability.
We are currently seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Emerging Technologies infrastructure team. In this role you will be supporting our Zscaler Private Access (ZPA) products. This position will give you the opportunity to challenge yourself as we rapidly scale our business and grow our global platform across over 150 data centers around the world.
- Operational duties for our cloud based products - deployments, on-call, incident management.
- Design and deploy various platform related systems - data stores, monitoring tools, event streaming platforms, etc.
- Management of container-based architecture (AWS ECS and Kubernetes).
- Create and deploy scalable monitoring systems.
- Architect and implement various cloud management automations.
- Contribute to OS and software packaging and distribution.
- Write and maintain Ops documentation.
- Resolve escalations and help prevent reiteration of incidents with process, monitoring and reliability improvements.
- Contribute and implement DevOps best practices within the group.
- Work as a member of a cross-functional project team contributing to the technology-based solutions and consult on concept feasibility.
- 5+ years of experience preferably in an Operations environment
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Hands-on experience with Linux administration and basic network troubleshooting
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure as code and automation tools (Ansible, Terraform, ...)
- Knowledge of Virtualization, Cloud Architecture and Services, Automated Deployments
- Strong understanding of web security and protocols HTTP, SSL/TLS, DNS, SQL and networking fundamentals
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we'd love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com .
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.