As a Staff Salesforce Engineer, you will join one of our feature delivery teams working to deliver new product functionality in our Managed Package. You will have the opportunity to work as part of a dynamic and highly collaborative team that is focused on delivering the best experience for our customers. You will be working with our cloud-based software, which is implemented on the Force.com platform using technologies like Apex, Java (via Heroku), LWC, Aura, Visualforce, React, etc.
You will enhance and support critical components of our solution that require a sound understanding of advanced programing concepts combined with deep knowledge of the Salesforce Platform offering.
Utilizing your great communication skills , you will deliver scalable solutions that are adapted in various verticals such as telecom, energy, utilities, etc. you will establish relationships with customers, product managers, and fellow teams to ensure you can translate requirements into exceptional products. You should have a passion for writing clean code, leveraging design patterns, authoring robust unit tests, and a detailed focus for thoroughly testing your solutions.
The Skill Set:
- Provide extensive custom development using force.com, working with Apex classes, triggers, components, VisualForce pages, and SOQL
- Deep knowledge on how to write Apex REST Services and consume Salesforce Platform APIs (ex. REST, Metadata, UI, Tooling)
- Experience with writing asynchronous (Future, Batch, Queueable) and event drive Apex (Platform Events)
- Ability to understand complex Apex codebases and debug them using debug logs and Apex Interactive/Replay Debugger
- Knowledgeable in continuous integration (Jenkins, CircleCI, etc.) and Source-Driven Development (Github, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce development best practices such as Bulkification, Trigger Handlers, Selector Classes, etc.
- Ability to translate the business requirements of customers into technical architecture and relay the requirements to other team members
- Focus rigidly on delivering quality solutions by thoroughly testing code prior to handing over to QA, write unit tests, and exercise best practices such as TDD
- Computer Science or related degree required
Within 60 Days, You'll:
- Become an expert in the functionality and codebase of several modules across the Sitetracker product
- Step through complex areas of our codebase and perform a deep analysis of it’s execution flow, design patterns, and identify areas for improvement
- Complete your Development Plan and be fully ramped on our technology stack and established design patterns
- Be a consulted contributor as part of one of our delivery teams
- Deliver several enhancements and bug fixes
- Know the development best practices and begin to help junior developers with questions about development practices
- Work with junior and senior developers to perform code reviews that follow Sitetracker coding standards
- Work with your manager to learn our deployment process
Within 180 Days, You'll:
- Have built and shipped large modules
- Made several scalable enhancements and improvements to our most complex codebases
- Serve as a technical expert for modules and features built during requirement and design sessions
- Collaborate with external teams to debug issues raised by customers
- Volunteer on initiatives that advanced Sitetracker’s developer efficiency and best practices
- Use your expertise to identify technical debt and deliver an action plan to resolve it
- Take part in customers meetings to gather requirements, understand use cases, and be able to explain your solutions in a simplified non technical way
- Architect End-to-End Solutions
- Written clean, scalable code with solutions that results in features adopted and loved by customers
- Serve as subject matter export to other teams for features that you have developed
Within 365 Days, You'll:
- Mentor junior and mid-level developers on development practices
- Drive efficiencies in the team by being an advocate for process/coding standard improvement
- Define standards for new technologies
- Develop large scale modules in a generic way so that we can extend and enhance the Sitetracker offering
- Lead engineering initiatives within the team that are focused on continuous improvement or leveraging new technology that significantly enhances efficiency, quality, or the user experience
- Develop strong industry expertise in the industries we serve to better inform the software you develop
- Serve as a primary subject matter expert for other teams in several areas of the application that you were not directly a part of
- Have established strong bonds with your team members that ensures efficient completion and building of features that our customers love
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $108,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Sitetracker was founded seven years ago with the singular focus of solving a problem that was first recognized within the telecommunications industry; how to effectively manage the volume, variety, and velocity of critical infrastructure projects needed to meet the demand of expanding wireless and cellular service. That problem has become even more pronounced due to the eventual explosion of 5G. Being able to effectively deploy infrastructure is going to be the differentiator between leading telecommunication providers.
However, over the years, we realized that this challenge isn’t localized to telecommunications – it’s pervasive nearly everywhere and has reached an inflection point. Utilities (such as gas and electric services), smart cities, and alternative energy all face similar challenges. Sitetracker is the only full-lifecycle project management platform suited to support these companies and address these challenges.
We are exceptionally proud of the company we’ve built (we were recently recognized as the #2 place to work in San Francisco, as well as one of the top places to work in the entire United States). Our people are extraordinary and we’re continuing to invest in our people-first culture.
More Information on Sitetracker
Sitetracker operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in Palo Alto, CA and Montclair, NJ. Sitetracker was founded in 2013. It has 301 total employees. To see all 5 open jobs at Sitetracker, click here.
Read Full Job Description