At VSCO, our mission is to nurture your creativity so you can make it. We are a leading photo and video editor with a library of 200+ premium quality presets and tools, an easy-to-use video editor, and a curated collection of photography of all genres, styles and aesthetics from our global community of talented creators. We are looking for humble overachievers and self-starters who are naturally curious, highly organized, and thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. We foster a culture of collaboration, inclusion, ambition, and progress.
We are looking for an experienced Staff QA Engineer to facilitate delivering VSCO’s best-in-class mobile applications with amazing quality. This Staff QA Engineer will partner with engineering, product management, and design to create a QA strategy and vision that prioritizes automation as the main component of our testing strategy. We want to transform the way we look at quality at VSCO and this role will be leading that transition. The Staff QA Engineer will guide the existing QA team to deliver on this vision, which includes releasing our mobile applications frequently with a predictable quality and scalability.
- Partner with engineering leads to create a long-term QA strategy
- Work with engineering leads to develop quality assurance operational objectives and metrics
- Assess our current infrastructure and find optimizations to drive the delivery towards automation
- Set goals for automation and excite the existing team to leverage automation wherever possible
- Own the testing process by planning, scheduling, organizing, and coordinating efforts with other teams and departments
- Develop the strategy for the QA team to create test plans to automate the testing process
- Create and fulfill the hiring plan for your team alongside leadership and People Ops (including sourcing, screening, and interviewing candidates)
- Fuel your curiosity with inquiry and problem solving to surface opportunities to improve those around you, at an individual, team, group, department, and company level
- Mentor QA Engineers and promote the testing practice across organization
- Experience testing consumers products with rapid release process
- Documented history of promoting automation with an organization
- 6+ years experience in a QA role that leans towards automation
- 4+ years testing mobile applications
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working in a cross functional environment
- Passion for delivering high quality products to consumers
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with agile or Lean methodologies
- Track record of guiding teams in virtual or hybrid environments
- Experience working with external contractors
- A virtual first workplace with quarterly company-wide travel events to connect and play.
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Healthcare insurance, vision, dental insurance for employees and families
- Flexible vacation policy
- Creative Fridays, VSCO Create weeks (our version of hack week), and so much more.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
We believe in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors, such as qualifications, experience, and skills. The base salary range for this role is $172,000 - $184,000. Salary is one component of the total compensation package, which includes bonuses (if eligible), equity, flexible time off, and other benefits.