Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 50 million daily active people, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is looking for an experienced Staff Privacy Engineer to work directly with business teams to ensure our products and services protect user privacy by design. Stakeholders include legal, security engineers, software engineers, and product leads in Advertisement and beyond.
What You'll Do:
You will work with a variety of teams at Reddit whose features must protect consumer privacy while simultaneously delivering a great user experience. You will work with Reddit Ads product and engineering teams to make recommendations that enhance privacy and align with product plans, and inform engineering teams as to the latest developing standards and their possible impact on Reddit.
- Review technical implementation details and design documentation for new systems and features to ensure compliance with policy and legal requirements, while giving guidance on improving privacy features in those systems
- Analysis trends from privacy reviews and incidents to raise awareness and avoid problems reoccurring
- Provide deep privacy expertise on user consent, data collection requirements, data retention, anonymization and security of processing
- Advise engineering teams on effective technical solutions for enabling privacy and data protection by design and by default capabilities
- Translate privacy rules and policies into actionable engineering requirements
- Manage remediations and ensure existing vulnerabilities are addressed
What We Can Expect From You:
- Passion for customer privacy
- Ability to learn and research new technologies and standards rapidly, assess them for privacy exposures, and drive changes to enhance privacy
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science , management information Systems or other similar fields
- 7+ years professional experience in a privacy-focused role on software products, a dedicated privacy function or equivalent experience performing privacy reviews on product and engineering solutions.
- A solid understanding of GDPR, CCPA, or other privacy laws
- Cross-group collaboration skills, with experience working directly with engineering teams
- Privacy certification strongly preferred
- software development and engineering experiences preferred
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Proven project planning experience
- Strong interpersonal, consultative, consensus builder, and issue resolution skills
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
- Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
- Family Expansion Benefits
- 4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
- Professional & Personal Development Stipends
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
- Onsite Wellness Classes and Wellness Stipend
- 401k Plan with Employer Contributions
- Monthly Commuter Stipend
- Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
- Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].