Staff Operations Engineer (Remote) at Copper
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:44 a.m. (CST) on Saturday, February 26, 2022
Copper is not just another CRM. It’s the only CRM that is 100% focused on helping clients build the strongest possible business relationships that will win them customers for life. While most CRMs are glorified databases with legions of custom fields, Copper takes a human and action-centered approach and functions at the heart of a business. Read more here about our CEO’s Vision for the future of CRM
Copper surprises people: clients tell us they actually love their CRM, as this was previously a feat of impossibility. We’re turning CRM on its head by offering a beautifully crafted, Google Workspace-native tool that offers transparency, collaboration, and productivity.
It’s an exciting time to be part of this category, where there are few individual players left who are truly capable of capturing significant market share. We are one of them with a strong foothold in the space, and funds raised of $100 million.
We are looking for a Staff Operations Engineer who is passionate about DevOps and Security to support and scale our organization and application. In this role, you’ll be a crucial member of our Operations Team that is responsible for security, monitoring, troubleshooting, and resolving issues that affect the availability and quality of the Copper CRM application.
This team drives the creation of monitoring, security, automation, self-healing and resiliency initiatives, so you’ll have a direct influence on how we build our infrastructure.
Our current stack includes AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, Ruby-on-Rails, Resque, Ember.js. We are engineering for a scaled (high-volume, high-quality) production environment. Our engineering team members are located in Canada and the United States.
What you'll do ...
- Reactive and proactive monitoring
- Respond to alerts
- Be the escalation point for Engineering to troubleshoot issues in production; assisting in the development and test environments
- Streamline operations and processes through tools for deployment, monitoring, and security
- Implement change management tickets effectively and efficiently for all software deployments and fixes
- Develop scripts around existing tools to automate simple tasks
- Fulfill periodic on-call responsibilities.
What you'll have ...
- Architect level knowledge, experience and expertise
- 8+ years experience in Systems Administration, DevOps or Technical Operations in supporting a SaaS application
- In-depth working infrastructure knowledge, security configuration and compliance for both Linux & AWS
- Solid understanding of the whole stack; from firewalls to networking to databases
- Ability to write in Bash, Python, Ruby ( bonus points for Ruby on Rails)
- Solid understanding of networking (DNS, TCP/IP, VPN)
- Hands-on experience with Jenkins or similar build and deployment orchestration tools is desirable
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes, Mesosphere or other virtualization / orchestration technologies
- Expert level knowledge and experience with ElasticSearch
- In-depth knowledge and experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL in particular) bonus points for experience with sharded databases (Citus Postgres)
- Knowledge & Experience with NoSQL databases and caching systems like Redis
- Hands-on experience with Graphite, Splunk, ELK or equivalent
- Experience in Incident Management and a good understanding of service management with knowledge of ITIL service lifecycle phases, framework, and best practices
- Conduct security reviews - from high-level web application architecture to OS level parameters to meet our security goals and requirements
- Hands on experience with Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform, Puppet or Ansible
Our teams are located in the UK, Canada and United States. We are remote first, and we are an equal-opportunity employer.
At Copper we are committed to building and empowering a diverse and inclusive environment. We believe that diverse teams are the strongest teams, so we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
If this opportunity sounds interesting, apply today! We would like to hear from you.
More Information on Copper
Copper operates in the Software industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Copper was founded in 2013. It has 131 total employees. To see all jobs at Copper, click here.
Read Full Job Description