In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles .
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinar.
We're problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
Offensive Security Engineer (Client/Backend)
REMOTE / PRODUCT SECURITY / FULL-TIME
Zoom is looking for a Senior or Staff Offensive Security Engineer to join our Offensive Security team. While you will be involved in anything from high-level threat analysis and discovering vulnerabilities to providing guidance on vulnerability remediation, a large portion of your time will be self guided. You will act as an in-house security researcher attacking the Zoom ecosystem as well as contributing to team projects with predefined targets.
Ultimately, we're looking to find the highest-impact issues, and to prioritize remediation as part of a collaborative effort to create the most secure product.
- You will perform security research into Zoom products and features, including contributing to custom tool development (such as fuzzers, proof of concepts, or full exploits) to attack said products and features.
- You will conduct assigned and self-guided security assessments of Zoom's applications and dependencies.
- You will assist with high priority issues (i.e. investigating a specific vulnerability to better understand it, fix validation, helping teams understand the details of a vulnerability, and helping developers fix critical security issues).
- You will communicate discovered issues, how to exploit them, and how to fix them for both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- 5+ years of experience performing security assessments, penetration tests, and code reviews on C/C++ (Objective-C, Swift, Java, and Python a plus).
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages, and can both read and understand code written by others well enough to break it.
- Familiarity with intercepting and modifying traffic using your tool of choice (mitmproxy, proxyman, Charles Proxy, Burp Suite, etc)
- Security-specific knowledge for one or more OS (Windows, macOS, Linux).
- Familiarity with building and instrumenting applications (such as using frida-dynamic instrumentation).
- Ability to find vulnerabilities and create proof of concepts without being able to fully instrument a target nor attack it very aggressively.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of Erlang, Lua, xmpp, or SIP
- Knowledge of network packet handling/traffic routing
- Proficiency with IDA Pro, Ghidra, or Binary Ninja
- Prior development experience
- Familiar with advanced traffic interception setups in which the the client and the server communicate simultaneously over a variety of protocols that transport plaintext (e.g. HTTP) as well as binary encoded (e.g. protobuf) messages over secure channels
- Familiarity with CodeQL
- Familiarity with fuzzing (AFL++, Libfuzzer, custom, etc.)
- Knowledge of reverse engineering Linux binaries without source code
- Experience debugging and automating detection of error states and causes
- Ability to quickly pick up programming languages for code review
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Colorado Salary Range or On Target Earnings:
In addition to the base salary and/or OTE listed, Zoom has a Total Direct Compensation philosophy that takes into consideration base salary, bonus and equity value. Information about Zoom's benefits is here . Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .