Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
- Research, improve, and refine detection capabilities to support incident response
- Testing and implementing new security technologies
- Develop tools and mechanisms to automate and improve personal, team, and org effectiveness of incident response functions and security investigations
- Influence teams to develop systems and processes with security best practices in mind
- Conduct security incident investigations, author incident reports, participate in or lead post-mortem analyses
- Analyze and monitor SaaS security requirements
- Experience in Networking concepts and best practices
- Build relationships
This is what you’ll need:
- 5+ years professional experience in networking
- 2+ years of System administration
- Expertise in cloud technologies
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such Java, Python.
- Experience building architecture and computer networks
- AWS SysOps certification is a plus
- Self-Starter and Driven to Win
- Problem Solving / Critical thinking skills
- Successfully implemented and delivered projects involving a variety of cybersecurity functions
- Hands-on experience in reverse engineering
- Deep understanding of inner-workings of security concepts and mechanisms
- In-depth knowledge of vulnerabilities and mitigations
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected]Privacy
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.