Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
- Deploy, support, and continually enhance the global network infrastructure to include all datacenters (both private and public cloud), corporate offices, retail and service locations, and charging stations
- Collaborate with members of the Network Engineering & Operations team to design, automate, and tune the network infrastructure to meet the needs of all business-critical services and user community
- You will lead the support effort for the global wired, wireless, and SD-WAN network, which includes training and mentoring of the field support and Service Desk teams
- Contribute towards the development of a robust and secure remote access solution
- Provide the top tier support for security and access systems including firewalls, load balancers, DNS, NAC, VPN appliances, and physical security systems such as camera and building access systems
- Ensure compliance to key regulatory, security and organizational policies and procedures
- Engage, collaborate, and communicate effectively with variety of stakeholders to deliver the services
This is what you'll need:
- 7+ years of network engineering experience with 2000+ employee, multi-site, organizations
- BS or MS degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- Industry leading certifications such as CCNP, CCIE, or similar
- Deep understanding of routing/switching technologies and architectural principles, including BGP, OSPF, and spine & leaf fabrics
- Experience deploying a global SD-WAN solution and thorough knowledge of SD-WAN offerings in the market
- Extensive security operations experience including firewalls, NAC policy systems, and physical security
- Broad knowledge of all major network technologies, including WiFi, IPAM, GLB, NAC, VPN, DNS, and carrier services such as MANs and cloud connectivity solutions
- Communicates effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear message to different audiences. Fosters open communication with all stakeholders.
- Technical Acumen – Pursues continuous learning and application of technologies to achieve desired business, architectural, and productivity outcomes
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Irvine, CA or Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected]Privacy
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.