At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.Job Description
We are searching for a talented software engineer to join the IT Customer Experience Team. You will be responsible for delivering amazing custom built technology including our licensing system which is a key system within the PANW product ecosystem. This role will engage with multiple product and engineering teams and will play a critical role in both building great products and improving our engineering best practices.
As a Senior IT Software Engineer, you will work closely with other engineers on the team to consistently deliver high quality technology products. The ideal candidate will be able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and can quickly adapt to new business requirements and quickly learn new technologies.
- Build scalable and highly reliable business systems
- Expert at operating in an agile development environment
- Determining project requirements and developing work schedules for the team
- Drive alignment across development teams in a data oriented and transparent way
- Balance security debt, product stability and features against a backdrop of go to market pressures and timelines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Mentor and challenge engineers to continue to grow in their discipline
- Full stack system architecture (API / Web / DB / Distributed systems)
- Back end: Java (Spring Boot, Sprint Security), C# - Web APIs
Relational - At least one of the following
NoSQL - At least one of the following:
MongoDB / FireStore / Redshift
At least one of the following - GCP (preferred) / AWS / Azur
Strong knowledge of the following: Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
We are transforming Support at Palo Alto Networks! The IT Customer Experience (CX) team is responsible for the tools used to support excellent customer service for our customers. This role manages and develops both internal and customer-facing tools, which enable our customers to be successful. This is an opportunity to lead a strong team working across both established and custom tools.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer, the starting salary (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) is expected to be between $130,000/yr - $191,200/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.