Staff iOS Software Engineer, Guest Experience at Airbnb (Atlanta, GA)
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering over 7 million accommodations and 40,000 handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. As an economic empowerment engine, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities. With more than half a billion guest arrivals to date, and accessible in 62 languages across 220 countries and regions, Airbnb promotes people-to-people connection, community and trust around the world.
About Guest Experience at Airbnb
Guest Experience is responsible for the end-to-end guest experience on Airbnb. We’re responsible for a range of product surface areas including the homepage, search, booking, planning, and the pre-trip experience. We also work on foundational core infrastructure that all guest teams build upon.
About the Role
We are looking for iOS engineers to help us build a delightful experience in every stage of the guest journey. You will get the unique career opportunity to work across multiple agile product teams and make a significant impact on our guest community around the world.Your day-to-day responsibilities includes:
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners such as Product Managers, Experience Designers and Engineers to design and deliver high-quality products on iOS
- Build efficient and reusable mobile components and architect reliable, performant, and scalable mobile solutions
- Follow data-driven approaches to conduct experiments and iterate features
- Identify areas of improvement and drive mobile best practices
- 10+ years industry experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Experience shipping one or more Swift or Objective-C iOS apps, ideally currently available in the App Store
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for technical excellence and product sense
- Ability to work in areas outside of your usual comfort zone and show motivation for personal growth
- Solid engineering and coding skills. Understanding of basic data structures and asynchronous programming
- Demonstrated technical leadership within a large engineering organization
- Demonstrated ability to design and advocate for a technical roadmap, as a strategy and prioritization exercise
- Nice to have: demonstrated design and UX sensibilities