Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 50 million daily active people, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over half a billion people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Economy and the Reddit Talk Team
Reddit’s Economy org is on a mission to build sustainable, non-advertising revenue for Reddit. We are a fast-moving and entrepreneurial organization within Reddit as a whole, dedicated to rapid iteration and experimentation to find monetized products that work for Reddit users and communities. Today, the Econ org is responsible for Premium, Avatars, Powerups, Awards, and more, and we have been doubling revenue steadily year-over-year.
Economy’s latest project is Reddit Talk, a bold new audio product that allows members of our many communities to connect at a human level, and in real-time. Using the Clubhouse and Twitter Spaces use case as a starting point, it is our goal to eventually be the foundation for all real-time human connection on Reddit. As a rich streaming media product, we not only have an amazing opportunity to build a truly delightful user experience, but also have many natural and well-integrated avenues for generating new non-ads revenue for Reddit.
We are hiring a Staff iOS Engineer who can provide technical leadership and mentorship for our iOS team, while rapidly delivering a high-quality, high-scale, and robust consumer product to a massive global audience and their 100,000+ communities. In this role, you will be expected to be the definitive expert for your technical domain, as well as a valued contributor to product direction, business strategy, and cross-team/cross-functional collaboration with similarly excellent peers. We’re looking for somebody with an outstanding sense of end-to-end ownership and entrepreneurial initiative.
While this is a leadership role, it is still an IC engineering role not a people-management role.
- Expertise in Objective-C or Swift with 6+ years of professional iOS experience
- Experience building at least one large, high-user-scale, high-performance mobile app
- Full-stack understanding: should understanding fundamentals of system design, networking, and concurrency
- Excellent software engineering skills including project management, change/release management, performance optimization, testing and QA, experiment analysis etc.
- Strong product sense and understanding of business need; ability to identify gaps in requirements and work cross-functionally to close them
- Proven ability to work constructively with a team, and to mentor and grow more junior engineers
- Clear, transparent, and precise communication
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ownership: everyone is a startup CEO
Nice to Have:
- Experience with SwiftUI
- Experience working with GraphQL
- Experience working with streaming media, whether webRTC, HLS, RTMP, other other
- Experience working with audio, signal processing, noise cancellation, etc.
- Experience working with public cloud systems (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Familiarity with the nuances of the full range of available Apple hardware and peripherals.
- Deep understanding of mobile software architecture and infrastructure
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].