Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
The Core Experience team at Reddit is focused on bringing a modern and cohesive experience to all of Reddit’s platforms. We want Reddit users to experience best-in-class UI/UX on every platform. Reddit should be intuitive for new users and delightful to use for existing users. As an iOS Engineer on the Core Experience team you can help us deliver incredible experiences to our users and build tools to enable other engineers to do the same.
What We’re Working On
- Building a Reddit design system, a component library paired with UI best practices and tools for our design team to enable teams at Reddit to work faster and at a higher quality bar.
- Driving new features from end-to-end through prototyping, validation, implementation, launch, and continuous iteration.
- Crafting a modern user experience for accessing content and communities on Reddit.
- Building the technical foundation for future features and experiences.
What We Are Looking For
- Expertise in Swift with 8+ years of experience within iOS development.
- Sound software engineering fundamentals.
- Embracing the challenges of building data intensive, highly responsive, and fault tolerant apps in the constrained environment of a smartphone.
- Willingness to buck trends and learn new ways to build software.
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that improves people’s lives globally.
- Experience building at least one amazing iOS app with a team from start to shipment.
- Build experiences and create the patterns for Reddit’s official iOS app that improve our core flows like browsing posts, commenting and creating content.
- Partner across product, design, and engineering teams to innovate and implement sophisticated solutions to complex challenges.
- Participate in the full iOS development cycle: design, develop, QA, experiment, analyze, and deploy.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].